Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice weather is coming it looks like.Depending on sat shot i will either be running to the break and looking for a mako or thresher fishing the fingers area.Anyone else going? Mark
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,154 Posts
I keep thinking about going, but when SST's are available, still looks like an ice box out there. I dont want run past the 40 line for a shark. Plus it looks like the blue sharks are everywhere. As soon as the water gets a bit warmer we are gonna try for a mako, hopefully next week?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
My boat is down the beach now, so I'll definitely by fishing for something. I've even kicked around the idea of trailering down to Wach and make the 75 mile trip to the stream if it's still around the cigar. There are plenty of sharks here, but I'd like to troll for a day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,167 Posts
Not Thursday, but looking at Friday or Monday/Tuesday as of now if the weather will allow. May sea bass with the wife on Saturday. Would prefer to tuna fish, but may just try for a thresher and then catch some sea bass if the water isn't right offshore.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
About my thought Cletus,i think id rather wait a week after this warm front for some warmer temps but my partner wants to go for it.Best odds i see is setting up for thresher and trying for a few bass as plan B.Will report if we go.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
I'll be out Thursday, most likely seabassin. I'm not running 60 miles to play in cool water. That being said, I haven't seen a clear sat shot for days. If a good one comes up before then with good water on the 100, I may make the run. I'd rather troll for tuna than seabass or shark fish any day of the week.

Marc
Knockdown
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Should have a solid sat shot this afternoon.Really doubt the warmer water pushed in much,id really be happy to see inshore temps up a couple degrees by thurs.No early run this year for sure.Id be happy at 57/58 around the wrecks and 20 line.Ill post final plan tomm.My partner is jacked but i lack his enthusiasm.Gotta make the best you can with the circumstances at hand.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,167 Posts
Waiting for the next two weather model updates before locking in my crew, but assuming it holds I am fishing on Friday. If the warm water has pushed in, I'll be in the canyons. If not, sharking and seabassing. Really hoping that warm water south of the Norfolk is making its way up here under the cover of all those clouds... I can dream at least.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well this morning i was planning going thresher fishing in 20 fathoms on thursday,mid day plan changed and i was running to 62 degree water in poormans and tonight im seriously considering launching from chincoteague and going for that monster break!!!!Holy **** this will mind f you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Those boats that fished last week ran to the 62-64 degree water in 1000 fathoms + in the poormans and balt (the ones i heard of anyway) and some had good success.Thats basically the water i was planning to look for makos in this week (still may)The water between the norfolk and washington right now is a completely different animal and sure looks good on paper.Not sure what the hell we are gonna do.Likely crunch all latest info and make our plan tomm night.Will report back.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Looks like I will be running south. Going to after that big "RED" blob in Norfolk. Leaving IRI at 3am Fri. Anyone else heading south from there?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
welp, if the updated SST shots don't spike your pulse i'm not sure what will. I fell out of my office chair after seeing it. Wasn't expecting that...

Friday am out of OC for me! Southbound and Down. Hoping to beat the Mem Day madness.
 
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Top