Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Same. Leaving from Little Creek at 0800 and heading South. You know where the fish are hanging out? Word is that they might be a little closer than they have been.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Hopefully you guys catch them up. Trying to go sat. hopefully the fish won't be too far down. Let us know how you do. Thanks

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
n2striper, 40900 is the old loran numbers. Looks like it is the 900 line that comes in around Currituck Beach would be my guess. I am working so catch one for me boys!!! Martin

·
Registered
294 Posts
fish location

love to fish is correct... the fish are farther north than people think. A gentlemen who works with my best friend (regular fishing partner) went out one with one of Northern Necks finest charter captains that everyone loves this tuesday... He took them 15+ miles east of false cape. For all he knows they were 20 miles. the brought fish back to the dock.

it's a shame some people worship this specific captain. I'd wipe my u know what with his t-shirt given the chance and make him wear it. He appears in a local publication regularly.

·
Registered
294 Posts
and yes there are fish down south too! they are reporting ocean rock as far as cape lookout on red drum tackle. they may or may not be Carolina fish.

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
love to fish is correct... the fish are farther north than people think. A gentlemen who works with my best friend (regular fishing partner) went out one with one of Northern Necks finest charter captains that everyone loves this tuesday... He took them 15+ miles east of false cape. For all he knows they were 20 miles. the brought fish back to the dock.

it's a shame some people worship this specific captain. I'd wipe my u know what with his t-shirt given the chance and make him wear it. He appears in a local publication regularly.
So why not name names? If they have to make a living by poaching then seriously they should find another line of work...there is no honor in poaching.

·
Registered
294 Posts
response to mike avery

mike, I concur. Nobody likes a poacher. additionally, nobody likes a rat. Probabaly even less so. I was giving facts. I just happened to know this since it was shared with me. If you want to be a rat that is your prerogative. I'll take a different route. Just follow them out there and play detective. it ain't my cup of tea personally.

maybe we can hook up and fish'em together sometime though!
take care.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Flight Risk word has it that a charter vessel was recently boarded and 16 fish confiscated along w/ the Capt. license and Va. guide license...

·
Registered
294 Posts
fishman1va... that is fine. if the people we elect hire people to do their job and they do, more power to them. as long as they don't abuse it.

nevertheless, that sounds like public "right to know" information. I'm sure it will surface who it was and upon what premise. Innocent until proven guilty. However, what you are saying sounds pretty cut dry. When and if you can or will elude to the facts surrounding the incident let us know. until then, take care!
thanks!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Nice catch of fish today, 40840 about 2.5 miles off the beach, my radar was never over 3 miles (my chartplotter doesn't show the EEZ) & shore was in site on the thing. Raining & visibility was less than a mile to the naked eye. Good fishing in the 39 degree F water (according to my seawater temp guage). They bit 6 arm umbrellas down deep, left Little Creek around 8am & was back there by 4pm.

Stuart

1 - 20 of 28 Posts