Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eminent brothers,
Now that I'm an experienced Deep Dropper, I want more. But maybe something closer then VB that I could do in a day. The Morning Star out of OC comes to mind. I get e-mail fishing reports from Capt Monty Halkins from time to time and I've been thinking about reserving a spot on the starboard stern corner. Anyone ever fish on the Morning Star before and is anyone interested in doing it again???

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
our eminence.... i hhaven't , but money grimes has. think he has monty's web site address, too.

·
Registered
6,349 Posts
GB, if you can get the permission slip signed, I'll bring the camera, but you have to promise to distract Monty while I stow the "tagged" fish.:D

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
I've fished with Monty maybe 25 times give or take a few. Matter of fact that's probably where I'll be open day. I'll do 6 or 8 trips with him this year. I usually only fish with him during the week but if you want to do a weekend I'll go. It's just a matter of calling and reserving a spot. My favorites are 25, 1, & 2.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Prince Graybeard,

I would also be honored to be included in that trip with Monty, count me in, any day of the week, if I'm not already booked with clients. I don't know the numbering system, but I do like the transom area, or away from the props / shafts.
Permission slip is already signed, and have X - will travel.

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
Here's the numbering system & phone # - 410-520-2076. Just call and reserve you spot for whatever day. You'll need your credit card.:thumbup:

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
1,056 Posts
I rarely go out to sea but when I do Its with monty. Excellent Cap'n along the likes of Mr. Brincefeild. Given the weather conditions I may be interested..I like spot 25 :)

·
Registered
12,818 Posts
Hey Brett lets go we can swing by your dad`s house and pick him up.Just pick a day,but you know your dad and I like during the week.

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
I rarely go out to sea but when I do Its with monty. Excellent Cap'n along the likes of Mr. Brincefeild. Given the weather conditions I may be interested..I like spot 25 :)
Spot #25 is the #1 spot on the boat. #21 isn't to shabby either.;)

·
Registered
616 Posts
I have fished with Monty many times on Morning Star and OC Princess--I have to say he is absolutley the BEST party boat captain that I have ever been out with. He has always been out in front when it comes to conservation issues and is heavily involved in the artificial reef program in OC.
I really like fishing the Morning Star - beyond it being a real nice boat, it is great being able to reserve my spot--no more showing up at 3:30 to get in line -- also worth the extra $$$ to have some elbow room--and the other nice thing: the higher price keeps the super-tourists away--

Hans

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Eminent brothers,
Me thinkith a road trip to the Big OC and a ride on the Morning Star are in the offing. Need to look at my work schedule and pick a few days that might be workable. We finished up all the filets from the VB deep drop trip and my taste buds are anxoous for some tog!!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Good luck if you go. The MD. record Tog was caught on the boat today by a guy I know named Sam. It was a 20lb. 11oz beast. Sam caught 10 fish that were teen size or better fishing with Monty on today's and yesterday's trip. Most of those fish were released unharmed.

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
Boyz, we need to do it soon. The state record for tog was broken today on the Morning Star with a 20lb. 11oz monster. No pics of that one yet but here's two beauts of 14lb 8oz. and 15lbs even also caught today.

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
Boyz, we need to do it soon. The state record for tog was broken today on the Morning Star with a 20lb. 11oz monster. No pics of that one yet but here's two beauts of 14lb 8oz. and 15lbs even also caught today.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts