Tidal Fish Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
The netters have been catching big sharks forever in fishing bay. One of my neighbors down in Bishops head would catch a bull over 200lbs yearly. They very often tear up nets. They also catch an occasional Sturgeon.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Bringing in half a rockfish used to be a common occurrence at the bay bridge years ago. There was a rather large shark caught at Hacketts during the late '70's by a guy in a bass boat.

The bull shark is often referred to as the Lake Nicaragua shark. It swims thru underground tunnels to the lake which is a fresh water lake.

There are many reports of bull shark attacks on people. It was a suspected bull shark that attacked a young boy in Va, Beach a couple of years ago. I think the boy died from blood loss. They also had a field day at New Smryna Beach, Fla. during a surfing tournament a couple of years ago. Several surfers were bitten.
They don't need underground tunnels, although that is a cool concept. Sort of like an underground sharknado. San Juan River drains the lake to the Caribbean, and bull sharks have been reported passing through the various rapids on the river, reportedly like salmon (now that would be cool to see).

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Bringing in half a rockfish used to be a common occurrence at the bay bridge years ago. There was a rather large shark caught at Hacketts during the late '70's by a guy in a bass boat.

The bull shark is often referred to as the Lake Nicaragua shark. It swims thru underground tunnels to the lake which is a fresh water lake.

There are many reports of bull shark attacks on people. It was a suspected bull shark that attacked a young boy in Va, Beach a couple of years ago. I think the boy died from blood loss. They also had a field day at New Smryna Beach, Fla. during a surfing tournament a couple of years ago. Several surfers were bitten.
I agree bebopper. I made a report one time about our rockfish being bit in half at the bay Bridge fishing at night with ells. People didn't believe it was sharks at the bay Bridge, said it was bluefish. WRONG! We seen the shark one night.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts