1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
But you make it so easy!

·
Premium Member
26,270 Posts
Wish I was better with computers - so I could find things.

I remember reading a few years ago that the Chesapeake ( Md and Va ) was in top ten as far as commercial fishing deaths.

Other areas ranked higher but often a crew was lost ( 3 to 8 men ) rather then 1 or 2 like in our area.

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
I heard it was danny beck (his boat anyway)..... got that info from a waterman friend..
Heard 2 guys got injured pretty bad?

·
Premium Member
1,753 Posts
From another board

"This happened up on the Gunpowder River. Danny Beck and another guy are in bad shape. At least one of his crew died. From what I heard locally, they hit a bouy at the tripple bouies."

From Martys facebook page "I just got back from the hospital. Danny survived surgery, but his condition is delicate, and he is far from out of the woods. He'll need yours and others thoughts and prayers over the coming hours and days. This is an example of when the entire Chesapeake Community should pull together. I hope others will wish him well."

·
Premium Member
26,270 Posts
If this rumor is true - should be on the late afternoon / evening news on TV.

I've heard all sorts of things - think it best to wait and hear confirmed info.

·
Registered
14,376 Posts
ABERDEEN, Md. -- A man is dead and two others are seriously injured after a boating accident in Baltimore County.

At about 8 a.m. Sunday, the fishermen crossed into an area of the Gunpowder River patrolled by Aberdeen Proving Ground and hit a buoy-like object in the water.

Another boater discovered the injured fishermen and towed them to shore near Essex. One of the men was pronounced dead at Franklin Square Hospital, and the two other men continued to recover Monday at area hospitals. They were last listed in critical and serious conditions, and the extent of their injuries was unknown.

While the accident remains under investigation Monday, officials said they don't suspect the fishermen of any wrongdoing.

The Army's criminal investigation command will oversee the investigation because of the accident's location.

·
Premium Member
26,270 Posts
Channel 11 news at 5pm had a quick 1 minute report.

Reporter said the boat hit a channel marker around 8:00 am on Sunday morning - near Aberdeen Proving grounds.
Video showed a green three legged one - assume it is the one hit.
One man died. Another boat in the area helped rescue two others.

Not much else said other then it will be a Federal investigation since it happened in the part of the river they control.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Hate to hear of someone dying or being seriously hurt no matter what. Whatever the story is, somebodys family is grieving and others are saddened by this tragic accident. As a teenager, I recalled seeing a wreath on a marker at Old Road Bay in between Jomes Creek and North Point Creek. Seems a politician and some friends were returning from fishing at night and ran into this marker, the politician died.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.