Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were fishing the eastern part of the WSRP last wednesday night with a full moon and
a strong incoming tide ripping around the rockpile. My brother latches on to what we
thought was a decent fish while he was jigging a stingsilver. With the tide ripping it was
a pretty good fight on light tackle until he pulled up this....

Kevin

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
no not mine , i was using a bkd with a dropper fly. unless someone retied. seriously that thing will clean right up with some nice fresh water and a wire brush wheel on a 4.5"grinder

·
Premium Member
1,682 Posts
Not mine either! I did loose a decent BPS graphite rod / Shimano reel combo just south of there at Dolly's this past summer with a dual bottom rig tied on. It was in 24 ft of water and I was alone so I wasn't about to swim for it!!!

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Been lots of reports of folks snagging things from the bottom at the bridge this year- too bad its got so much growth on it- the rod handle (either cork or foam) is probably toast, and the internals of the reel are likely gummed up- itll take a little effort to get that one back in shape! A good winter project though!

·
Registered
654 Posts
I did lose a Stradic 4000, old style, in that area last fall. Probably was on a cheap ugly stick but I dont recall the rod for sure. I stupidly laid it down to help my kid unhook a fish, turned back around and it was gone...:52:

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
I lost a Stradic 2500 and Shimano rod three years ago at Love Point.. Tides, current a hurricane here and there.. Could be mine... Looks like a 4000 type reel, too big...Whats the reel make ????

·
Registered
687 Posts
That brings back memories ... lol

About 3 years ago i snagged a line at love point and grabbed the line and pulled in a rod n reel and joked with my GF that it would be funny if there was a fish on it. Sure enough ... i reeled it in and there was 25 inch Rock on it. It was the biggest catch of the day ..... lol.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Ha,,,,I did lose one before...But it was about 50 miles offshore.....Those gold reels look VERY shiny falling to the bottom of the ocean:eek:

·
Registered
708 Posts
I lost a Shimano Stradic 4000 combo from BPS with a BPS extreme 6 foot Light/Medium rod a couple of years ago outside of Breezy Point. I doubt it would have made its way that far North.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts