Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of you know I like to dive in the bay and often I find anchors while on the bottom.When I first started finding them- I though it was cool and figured I could make a few dollars selling them.The first year I took about 25 of them to the flea markets but only sold a few-barely enough to cover the expense of the table.

Anyhow- my garage has over 30 of them right now that need new homes :D.

Most are danforth type but I have one plow (rusty).

Most have chain and shackles :thumbup: - so if you are in need of an anchor or a spare, let me know.Price is whatever it is worth to you :yes: - I'm more interested in seeing them get used again-rather then gather dust.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Amazes me how many people lose anchors int the bay. Knock on wood, haven't lost one yet but I rarely anchor.

·
Premium Member
8,174 Posts
lift bags..right?

I'm surprides folks dont clean you out at the shows...heck they may be buying their own anchor!:D

·
Premium Member
26,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fishcrazy - it's a BCD (Buoyancy control device) :D- PFD is a life jacket-kind of tough to dive it those :pp.

I use a lift bag and attach it to the anchor and then inflate it.The bag carries it to the surface and I go up SLOWLY after it - then swim it over to the boat.

Using a BCD (vest) to lift items is dangerous.If you let go off the heavy item-you will rocket to the surface :eek: - that can cause trouble.

By using the lift bag-it is safe plus sometimes I need to cut away fishing line snagged on the rope or chain as the anchor goes up.

Bottom Knocker- believe it or not but a few people did find their anchor they lost.I had most priced around $20.00 (with chain/shackles)- I though they would sell like hotcakes. Might try again this winter - it's a bear loading/unloading all of them.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Skip, Give me a call at 302 236 0107. I'm interested in the plow, mushroom, 2 dan-fords on the left in second picture, and the double J in the first picture. I'm sure we can make a deal.

Bill

·
Premium Member
26,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It was stuck in a danforth anchor - it only had very light line on it.

I also sometimes find the "snag proof" anchors that use a sliding ring.Bet the owner is not happy finding out it did not work as advertised :D.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Skip,

I'm in good shape but my son needs one for his 18 foot center console.

We'll be glad to come pick it up at your convenience. Where do you live?

Thanks,
David

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Skip, have any wreck anchors? By definition, they shouldn't snag... but if you found a mushroom snagged I figured I'd ask.

·
Premium Member
26,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Josh- no real wreck anchors.I did find one grapple but I use that myself.

The divers at CBBT find wreck anchors now/then stuck between the large boulders.

·
Premium Member
26,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Leaves- that there is SMIB toilet paper :D.

·
Premium Member
26,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Tipso - a friend of mine power washed some two years ago for me and they looked great.Sand blasting would be even better but would remove the coating.

Some are like new -others have been down for awhile.Alot depends where I find them.Some are stuck in rocks- these are OK.The ones caught on steel or cable seem to lose the coating and rust.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts