Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of you know I like to dive in the bay and often I find anchors while on the bottom.When I first started finding them- I though it was cool and figured I could make a few dollars selling them.The first year I took about 25 of them to the flea markets but only sold a few-barely enough to cover the expense of the table.

Anyhow- my garage has over 30 of them right now that need new homes :D.

Most are danforth type but I have one plow (rusty).

Most have chain and shackles :thumbup: - so if you are in need of an anchor or a spare, let me know.Price is whatever it is worth to you :yes: - I'm more interested in seeing them get used again-rather then gather dust.

·
Premium Member
26,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fishcrazy - it's a BCD (Buoyancy control device) :D- PFD is a life jacket-kind of tough to dive it those :pp.

I use a lift bag and attach it to the anchor and then inflate it.The bag carries it to the surface and I go up SLOWLY after it - then swim it over to the boat.

Using a BCD (vest) to lift items is dangerous.If you let go off the heavy item-you will rocket to the surface :eek: - that can cause trouble.

By using the lift bag-it is safe plus sometimes I need to cut away fishing line snagged on the rope or chain as the anchor goes up.

Bottom Knocker- believe it or not but a few people did find their anchor they lost.I had most priced around $20.00 (with chain/shackles)- I though they would sell like hotcakes. Might try again this winter - it's a bear loading/unloading all of them.

·
Premium Member
26,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It was stuck in a danforth anchor - it only had very light line on it.

I also sometimes find the "snag proof" anchors that use a sliding ring.Bet the owner is not happy finding out it did not work as advertised :D.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Skip, have any wreck anchors? By definition, they shouldn't snag... but if you found a mushroom snagged I figured I'd ask.

·
Premium Member
26,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Josh- no real wreck anchors.I did find one grapple but I use that myself.

The divers at CBBT find wreck anchors now/then stuck between the large boulders.

·
Premium Member
26,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Tipso - a friend of mine power washed some two years ago for me and they looked great.Sand blasting would be even better but would remove the coating.

Some are like new -others have been down for awhile.Alot depends where I find them.Some are stuck in rocks- these are OK.The ones caught on steel or cable seem to lose the coating and rust.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.