Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried live lining last few times out and would like to try something else. As schedule requires will start fishing an hour after low tide Friday AM so hope to get an incoming flow. Don't mind catfish and will try north of BB. Do you think chum will bring out to many rays? With chunks top or bottom? Or stay with lugworms and livelining.

·
Premium Member
26,437 Posts
Heard a few boats chumming near Love Point along 20-25 foot edge.. The Rays tend to come in on slack water.

I'd fish bait deep - say 10 ,15 and 20 feet ( near bottom ). A live Spot in chum line can be killer.

Be prepared to move if small Rock are around. I like to fish large pieces of bait on 8/0 circle to discourage unders. No sense hurting them when water / air hot.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chummed from 11am to 3 at Podicary Pt. Bay calm as a lake. About 6 other boats anchored with us. Anglers told us they sold 3 chum blocks today so not really started. Anchored in 32 ft and later 20 ft. Lots of bait balls and schools of small fish. Had baits surface, mid depth, and bottom. Caught a bunch of nice sized spot on lug worms and tried live lining after dunking fresh alwives for a few hours. No rock just spot. No rays. Nice looking charter boat cruised thru the fleet slowly and didn't stop.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I wonder if some of the Love Point wreck is still on love point. My mate and I use to load up on rock there fishing with spot. It was in about ten foot. Sold a lot of fish from that spot. Hook and Line commercial.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Got out with the wife (aka the boat skipper) and pa in law today. Found the fleet north of pooles with most of them anchored and live lining. Decided to first drift to assess the situation. Lots of nice peaks and valleys to cross. Dropped a white perch with a 1 ounce and an eel with the same. About 2 minutes into the drift the white perch reel started screaming. I grabbed it and set the hook. Then the eel rod screamed and pa in law hooked up. Double down! The skipper grabbed the net and of course the pup supervised. Got my nice 27 incher in the boat and grabbed my phone just in time to catch another action shot with the wife scooping up a nice 29. After both boated we reset the drift with a perch down and started to rig an eel but the live liner screamed so did not bother. Skipper then reeled in the biggest fish of all of us with a fat 29.5! Great way to start the weekend.
Food White Seafood Fish Ray-finned fish
Water Dog Cloud Boat Shorts
Food White Seafood Fish Ray-finned fish

1 - 8 of 8 Posts