Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My poor boat is sitting down there in the cold. I am sure she is freezing and lonely. I am going to give the flats another look tomorrow. Not going too early but will stay late if there is any action.

Last Tues conditions did not look bad but the fish were mighty scarce on the flats. One of these days they have to show in numbers and eat lures--maybe tomorrow.:confused:

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Bill,

My buddy Jim and I will be out there too. This is our first trip this year. I’ve been hoping to see a few reports of the fish hitting lures but I guess I’ll have to post the first report.

Jerkbait-PA:

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Good luck Bill we need some good reports from the flats. I'm getting a little antsy with this cold weather we're having.:rockingreport:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Bill,
Just got the boat back. I will be heading down on Friday around noon. If your going down let me know. Good luck and I hope you get into some nice fish.......Tom ( reelfly)

·
Super Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com
1,109 Posts
Went down to Wellwood to check my boat today. Water looked mighty fishable. Not ideal by any measure but WAY better than it has looked in the last several weeks. I'd say it is worth a try to head out there Mr. Bill.... Good Luck.

·
Registered
797 Posts
better get what ya can,seasons time is ticking away,good luck .i hope to hit it friday sounds like maybe a heat wave up to 52 deg. wow! may have to take some herring for plan B . hope ya get some.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Cant get out til later in the week. Good luck. Water looked nice on Friday on the NE side. Not many frish around. As you expect temps sure took a dip since then. At some point (like last year) theyll show regardless. I hit em hard on plugs last year at 52F. Ya never know.

·
Registered
124 Posts
hi, moronehead.

what type of plugs do you normally throw on the flats?
I've been picking up a bunch of custom wood plugs (1-2 oz) and can't wait to try 'em.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'll be out there Tuesday. First trip of the year (and ever). I won't get my feelings hurt if you laugh at me walking my Parker out of the sand, taking my waders jsut in case.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
bluefish- big stickbaits and poppers when its right. Good luck out there tomorrow. I may be able to swing an hr or so late. Play it by ear....

·
Registered
47 Posts
well wood

not meaning to hijack your thread but can i still launch there at the wellwood? thanks,john.:boat:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi Bill..
Will be out around lunch time. High at the Battery is around 3pmish. Temps never dropped below 30* at the house and currently it is 30* ..winds calm...at 6:55 AM...At 5:30AM Conowingo opened up to 125,000 cfs from around 60,000 cfs

Bruce

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
I was out yesterday and its getting really nice and clear. I used cut bait, but heard from some guys that Artificial are starting to catch now.. Weather was cold (45, 47) up in the river.

·
Premium Member
2,411 Posts
tight Lines

Tight lines out there fellas!

won't get out till this weekend, hope the forecasted rain event wed-thur is minimal and the winds die down. There is only so much tackle I can organize, need to get out soon!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts