Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
I'd go with the cotton, it "breathes", less chance of mildew in boat and is easier to put on, take off and stow away.
gary

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish
4,199 Posts
I would get at least a 11oz Poly-Cotton fabric that has good stitching,some of the thiner fabrics will rip after a couple yrs. Check out the Carver covers I have been real happy with mine.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Fishhawk69, try reading the boat covers buyers guide just above the choice of colors in the link. It might help you a little.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Just put one of these on my 21' Reg last weekend, mine is the Hot shot acrylic model. It seems to be a pretty nice cover for the money. It took a little time to figure out how to install (no directions), but was pretty self explanatory.

After last weeks rains, there was no pooling of water on the bow section. At the stern of the boat however, there was considerable pooling of water. A piece of 1" PVC from the motor cowling (protected by a tennis ball on the end of the pipe) to the console, seems to have solved this problem.

Can't comment about durability as I just installed it, but it seems to be well made, and certainly better than the blue tarps and wood frames I'm used to for covering the boat.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I've Got it...And recommend it!!

I bought one of these for my Seaswirl CC 2301 last year.

I got it from T-Top guy on EBAY. He was the guy that designed them for taylor made.

He was very helpful in making sure I got the right size for my boat....and the price was increddible.

I didn't put a front support in my bow and we had a hell of a storm this summer. The rain weighed the fron down and it ripped the front half of the cover to shreds. Called the guy back to see if I could buy just a front half. He put me in touch with the taylor made folks and they replaced the whole cover without any issue!! Awsome!!

Defintely the best buy for the money!!!

Dutch

·
Registered
110 Posts
Buy the Outer Banks cover form Boaters world. It covers entire boat, T-Top included, has slot for antenna, tennis ball post for rocket launcher, two easy access zippers to get inside of boat, and a ratchet for the rope to pull snug around the boat.

Bill

1 - 8 of 8 Posts