Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weather might be too rough this weekend but it would be nice to catch something. Once striper fishing is over, everything pretty much ends for me until spring striper season.

Anything else available this time of year in the creeks or bay?

·
Registered
195 Posts
It will warm quickly if Spring ever gets here. Right now, May might be right. I don't think they are catching/releasing very many stripers with water temperatures where they are. Catching plenty with gill nets, so the fish are here, just not biting yet.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I am on the Piankatank River above the Rt.3 bridge and I started recording the water temp and it has been around 55 in last few days. I am using an outdoor therm and hanging it in water about 12" below the surface. Also have been watching the Osprey and what they are catching. Shouldn't be long now.,Good thing, cabin fever is getting pretty bad.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is the trolling any good for spring trophy season striper fishing starting in May? Any difference in strategy from late season Fall trolling? (deeper water, umbrella rigs, tandems etc...)

I'm out of fleets bay. Never fished during the spring much, always a busy time of year for me.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I know it was an awful winter for the specks, but when did anyone catch any specks in the Piankatank in late Apr-Early May last year? I don't think I caught mine until closer to June last year.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts