Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Odd things happen, freak occurrences, and then a lucky angler gets the fish of a life time. There is a lot more to the story, but I was told I could only post the picture. Those of you that fish, should figure out from the background where it was caught.
I am fortunate that I was near and had a chance to capture the photo.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Is that what I think it is ???? I figured the water would be too cold for them to still be hanging around! Heck of a catch!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Its a freakin tarpon...That is truely amazing, ive been fishing that exact spot all my life and never seen anything like that!
Way to go!

Capt. Jordan

·
Registered
379 Posts
Oh and the guy in the picture is Sonny Hanson, not sure if i spelled it right, but congratulations to him...what a suprise that was when he hit!

Capt. Jordan

·
Registered
210 Posts
Danny,
You did see Byrd in the ditch yesterday. We fished there until around 2pm and then headed back across the water. This picture was taken right after Byrd dropped me off yesterday afternoon.

blake

·
Registered
598 Posts
HMMM...

Knowing how much Byrd likes to catch Specs has me feeling a little suspicious. My guess is he burned up the MEGA TROUT somewhere and, like a good Spec fisherman, is posting an incredible report about a tarpon to throw us off his trail. To resort to trickery this elaborate MUST mean he really hammered on the specs somewhere!!!!

That's sneaky. That's devious. I like the way you think Bud!;-)

All kidding aside, that's a really cool catch! Congrats to the angler!

Mike

·
Premium Member
4,887 Posts
Incredible catch... not only WHAT he caught, but where, when and how. I'd imagine that little dude put up a helluva fight on that little spinning rod (unless he was too cold to move)!

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Budc, I remember that article, I think you are talking about Chris Stuart. He wrote back in 91 or 92 that tarpon were on the Poquoson flats. I remember everyone laughing at him. Who knew that 18 years later he would be nearly correct.

I wish I could say more about the story, but I was told I wouldn't be invited to fish again if I did. Hopefully the individual that is in the picture will come on here and tell about his tarpon adventure.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts