Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i apologize to any one i've offended with some questions. i'm new to tidal fish and got a call from trapshoot that i may have gave the wrong idea about costs. i've been corrected and i don't know all the acronyms that are used. HO<PM<etc. so a little help in identifiying the acronyms may be helpfull to me and some others.
thanks mike liberman aka hooked

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Just so you know Mike, guys are sensitive about talking about "cost" since there's a fine line between paying for a share of the trip and being a "paying" customer. You see when that line is crossed the Capt then becomes technically a "charter" Capt and can get in some trouble due to not being a "licensed" charter boat Capt. That's a subject that has been discussed at some length in previous threads. In other words what happens on the baot stays on the boat, if you get my point. I really doubt that you offended anybody you just used a "C" word that doesn't get mentioned :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
26,291 Posts
Don't sweat it - you did nothing on purpose to offend anyone.
Always great to welcome fresh meat - oops I mean a new TFer :D to the board.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com!
3,659 Posts
Hi Mike,

I don't have a clue what this is about, but welcome aboard.
:clap::D

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Welcome aboard bro! Good luck! If you want to go, go with Bill (Smellslikefish) after his post yesterday his Hos dont chip in, dont have to reel in, and basically dont have to do anything except go along for the ride...you might never get invited back though...sorry Bill, couldnt resist!!!

seriously a lot of good posts on Hos around here you can find out a lot...TFers are great guys...

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Welcome to the list Mliberman and thanks for the apology, even though I doubt it was necessary. Are you any kin to Joe Liberman? 'Cause he owes me an apology too...... :D

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Welcome aboard bro! Good luck! If you want to go, go with Bill (Smellslikefish) after his post yesterday his Hos dont chip in, dont have to reel in, and basically dont have to do anything except go along for the ride...you might never get invited back though...sorry Bill, couldnt resist!!!
Even better they get to add excitement to the day by steering in tight circles !!!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Welcome Mliberman. Since you are a newby, you probably don't know about the tradition to bring your host a banana in the morning!

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I looked at the 5 posts that are listed for you. What did you say that was so bad that you think you have to apologize?

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
welcome aboard. Your first five posts were better than mine. I got nailed by someone for not know how to use my fishfinder in my first five.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts

seriously a lot of good posts on Hos around here you can find out a lot...TFers are great guys...
Hey Mark.......somebody's got to be "Mr. Nice Guy":thumbup:

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Being a HO for sho it is one of them

Kinda things as far as $. But to be a good HO pitch in Bill's post one of the better ones this month is a true example of what not to do
as a HO notice nothing really to do with money. Running boats cost a lot (I don't even own one and have nightmares about it). If someone is putting out 14 lines offer to help if you don't know what to do ask. Oh and if you fish with Skip lick every 3rd doughnut and put it back
Oops that was the seceret part .
Welcome aboard and enjoy the board the guys here are really fun don't take nothing personal and enjoy the fishing

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support TidalFish.com!
7,173 Posts
Being a HO for sho it is one of them

Kinda things as far as $. But to be a good HO pitch in Bill's post one of the better ones this month is a true example of what not to do
as a HO notice nothing really to do with money. Running boats cost a lot (I don't even own one and have nightmares about it). If someone is putting out 14 lines offer to help if you don't know what to do ask. Oh and if you fish with Skip lick every 3rd doughnut and put it back
Oops that was the seceret part .
Welcome aboard and enjoy the board the guys here are really fun don't take nothing personal and enjoy the fishing
John - You told me that you did something else to those donuts. You licked them first? Jim

1 - 20 of 32 Posts