Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi D Board,
Any Tog reports? I am in a party heading out on The Grizzly next month.
Also,
What hotel accomodations are there in Lewes these days that are reasonable? We have stayed at the Cape Henlopen for the last oh 5-6 years now. Its been sold, or shut down to make way for new construction, whatever.
WE are moving over to Vesuvios. Thanks for any tips.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Should be a good time. From the reports they never stopped biteing all winter. The water temps never got below 43 south of Cape May. Heard of quite a few above 10#. Carey knows his wreck fishing so I'm sure he'll put you on good fish. I'm fishing the Flats till the C&R season goes out then The first weekend in May I'll be down for 4 days to try for tog. As for hotels that are reasonable good luck. We always used The Henlopen. Or we ran up route 1 to Milford to the Travers Lodge. Only $65 during the summer, but a 20 mile drive. Good Luck!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
The situation with the Cape Henlopen Hotel shutting down is a real bummer. The Vesuvio is the only other real option but it doesn't have many rooms, and it's parking lot is not boat friendly. I wouldn't even know where to stay in Lewes if trailering a boat.

With all the traveling fisherman spending money in Lewes, they are gonna have to do something with the motel situation to accomodate them.[sad][sad][sad][sad][sad]

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
299 Posts
The Red Mill Inn is a mile or two just north of Lewes on Route 1. Phone number is 302-645-9736. The place is relatively new, and very boat friendly. Last time I checked rates last year they were reasonable. The guy also told me they had a hose I could use to flush the motor.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I checked into the Red Mill Inn. I'm not sure what reasonable is, but they quoted $135.00 a night. I just wanna feesh....think I'll sleep in back of the Expedition!

When does the toggin and sea bass pick up at #11.

how about some of the bay reefs/wrecks...incase the wind is to much for # 11....figure if I'm towing from the PA border I qught to wait till I've got the best chance.

Tightlines,

Dutch

·
Registered
61 Posts
Dutch, the big tog move inshore by May, no use going to reefsite 11 for them. I have good success in the bay in the last half of May, and into early June when the big spawners are inshore.

By mid-June, the size starts to decrease in the bay. The Starsite reef #8 is tops, but don't bother unless you can catch a slack or slow tide. You can toggle into the outer wall went the tide is running.

I would say June is prime for sea bass on site 11 in most years.

PA here also, but I have a camper near Lewes, so I sleep cheap when the campground is open. (Well, maybe not real cheap when you add it all up.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts