Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eminent brothers,
In all the pictures I've seen of deep droppers with captJim I've notices everyone seems to be wearing Gruden. I don't have anything Gruden, so; I'm afraid I'll look like a chicken necker and not a true deep dropper. I like the Windjammer jacket I saw at the OC Watermans Show, but; can't seem to find anyone local that has them so I can try one on for size. Do I need to get me some Grudens to ensure a successful deep drop trip???

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Brother Graybeard, It's not what's on the outside of the fisherman that makes him a success, but what's on the inside. What are you made of John? I think you'll do fine. And I'm sure your hurking will provide great entertainment fopr Capt. Jim.:D

·
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Eminent brother,
In fact I NEVER horked on the JillCarri and don't intend to amuse CaptCroakerhead with any horking on the deep drop trip. But I am a slave to fashion and I've always agreed with the saying, "It's better to look good then be good!"

·
Registered
337 Posts
Don't worry Graybeard I won't be wearing Grunden's either. I will be well bundled in wind and waterproof attire just no Grunden label.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Make a manly statement and wear PINK GRUNDENS to match your Fireline.;)

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
I'd say you don't need them but if you'd like your more than welcome to try mine on a trip.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I dont think you stand a chance at catching anything if you dont get em. Hell capt. might not even let you get on the boat.:D. Good luck and have a great trip. Im sure whatever you wear you'll be the manliest of men.

·
Registered
8,845 Posts
GB-

As long as you stay warm and dry it does not matter what you wear. You will be the only person who knows what you have on.

Keeping fingers warm is the biggest challenge. Suggest you get some good chemical warmers and put one in each pocket. When I used to fish winters on the Jamaica II out of Brielle, the 125 foot steel beast had warm water running through the rail, but you will not have that.

Do Marylanders still love the Colts, or are you guys routing for the Bears?

·
Registered
987 Posts
Get a set of "Frog Togs". wind proof! Alot cheaper
Wind blows right through ya, that's how you get a chill!
Wind doesn't go through the TOGS!
Actually all you need is something windproof
You can layer up underneath
Stay warm

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I support TidalFish.
2,946 Posts
Routing for the bears for the good it does.

Jerry

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
I'll be wearing my Grundens and my Ruggeed Shark TITS. For gloves try the Under Armour release gloves. THey are warm and thin enough to tie knots without taking them off. I also like the Under Armonr Balaclava for keeping your head warm.

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
I know I'll be wearing my Grundens, jacket & bibs. Have you ever been on Jim's in a heavy chop when the water comes up over the bow, over the roof and absolutely soaks everything and everyone on the deck? I have an swore I'd never get on that boat again without them. That's a looooong trip to be wet and cold. I just bought another set because my old ones are too small to fit over all the layers of clothing I'll be wearing.:D With us old guys it's all about staying warm and dry.;) Besides, the new ones are BLAZE ORANGE so you guys can see me if I get washed overboard.:eek:

·
Premium Member
17,405 Posts
Brother Graybeard, It's not what's on the outside of the fisherman that makes him a success, but what's on the inside. What are you made of John? I think you'll do fine. And I'm sure your hurking will provide great entertainment fopr Capt. Jim.:D
Thanks Jack I just lost my water all over the monitor !!!!

But with the Greyones HORKING I would suggest the GRUNDENS :):):):) PLease where the pink Tits as well !!! hahahahahahhaha You will never make it Greyone its a tough trip !!!!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
12,808 Posts
John what ever happened to that "Red Santa Suit" you wore on them tog trips?
Bill when the Colts crawled out of town in the middle of the night I said to myself I hope they never win another game,I still feel that way.It`s to bad the Ravens could not of captured and re-educated
Paton.That would of made a perfect ending to the story.:D He
[Paton] reminds me so much of John Unitis and by the time he is done the only records left will be his own.

·
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Eminent brothers,
Yes I intend on wearing my Red Cabela's Thinsulate Guideware bibs. I went long for them some time ago, but; they've ben worth every penny. I never got the matching jacket cause it is so $$$$$. The red top I have is a West marine foul weather parka that I use as the outer covering for all the layering underneith. But I saw the Grudens Windjammer jacket/pullover and I think it would be great for layering. Plus I want one and I think they look cool. Anyone know where I can go to try one on for size??? I like the idea of the chemical hand warmers......been out there a few times when gloves alone didn't keep my frozen digits from aching.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts