Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
I was going to head out toward the CP bouy / Gas docks area tomorrow, But a friend of mine said that the fish have already left the area and moved south. Is there any truth to this.

I was hoping to get in a trip. any help, and suggestions would be appreciated.

Should I stay home where its warm or Should I go after them?????:52:

Thanks

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
I was there on sunday (literally between CP and gas docks) and we caught a 2 person limit in about 30 minutes with an 8 rod spread. Coincidentally it was 4 fish, 2 overs and 2 unders. Biggest was 36 and our 2 unders were barely under and footballs. Once we boated the 4th fish, we pulled everything in and went on the hunt for fish to LTJ. We even found a school of footballs up to 28" and had them all to ourselves for an hour or so.

·
Premium Member
26,253 Posts
With the amount of baitfish around- IHMO, the big Rock are not going anywhere soon.We had some with sea lice on Sunday about 2 miles north of CP.

Saw Gannets and alot of smaller birds dipping- all point to plenty of fish.water temps are still warm enough.Last year it was a smoking hot bite mid December off Solomons and even into January (C/R fishing).

·
Registered
285 Posts
they were around sunday!! we were just north of that but on the eastern side edge 75 feet....they love the john deere chutes

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
I was picking up some chutes at Fishbones today when a guy brought in a real Hog.......45" 35lbs....caught just south of the BB. Bud said he got a citation fish two days ago also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts