Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading down to the BB area tomorrow and was wondering if there are any spot still around that area? Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Premium Member
26,291 Posts
Last week there were still a few around in 25 feet.My logbook from last year shows Nov. 6th as my last Spot catching trip.I noted it took two hours to catch 12 of them.

My last livelining trip was not too good.I think the cooler water temps. made the Spot sluggish.They did not seem as frisky as when the water was warmer.I'm convinced the frantic action of a fresh,lively Spot attracts the Rock to them.

I'm fishing Monday and plan to troll.If you go after Spot- be sure to have a back up plan :thumbup:.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Skip, Actually I was planning to troll and jig and live lining was going to be the back-up plan. Should be a nice day...I'll report how it goes.

·
Registered
Koah Roller Speargun, 100 Euro
2,937 Posts
Scott - I plan to launch at SP around 7am tomorrow. Like you, I am hoping to find a few spot around Dolly's to live line near the BB; might pick-up a few eels at Angler's ($2 each -ouch!:eek2:). My back-up plan is LTJ and/or trolling. Should be a nice day on the Bay tomorrow. Give me a call on 68 to see how I did with locating any spot if you want. ....Don

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Got em last Sunday

We got about 30 in an hour or a little less in 22' just S of #1 west river and smacked em down in 10' deep around some structure,going to give the same thing a try tomorow and will be on 68. Johnny O

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks fro the replies..I'll be on my buddies boat tomorrow..we will be on 68 and I'll give a shout out.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Croakers and Perch Nov. 3rd

Im gonna take the wife and 3 kids out either the 3/4th of Nov. out of SP. A cooler full of croaker and perch will keep the Filipina wife happy for the winter. If I hit some spot Ill do a little LL at the bridge

Any good locations still or just hit and miss?

thanks

Ill monitor 68 too

Scott

1988 Grady 204 Fishermen
Yamaha F150

·
Registered
507 Posts
We caught two dozen in about half an hour, flat, last Sat. They were up ontop a hump in 14 feet of water surrounded by 20' to 22' on Belvidere shoals. Bait was Fishbites.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish
4,199 Posts
Like Skip said there in 25' N of the bridge, I caught a few today but was slim pickens,even the perch were barely hitting,ones I got were nice size though.Water temp was 53 *

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I was out today. The Spot are gone. The white perch are there in their place.

·
Registered
Koah Roller Speargun, 100 Euro
2,937 Posts
I was all over Dolly's this morning and nada (shallow and deep). If they are around you are going to have to work very hard for them. ...Don

·
Registered
14,613 Posts
If the spot are gone.........perch will work fairly well for live lining like in the Spring before the spot arrive, but it's time to troll for the big girls now!.......Gary

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Got 2 (and ONLY 2) spot at Hacketts today - nothing at Dollys. Perch were more plentiful. Time to switch to trolling, I'd say

1 - 14 of 14 Posts