Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone is still catching Stripers around the Corolla light house? The warden has granted me a weekend pass / work release. So I'll be heading down to my parents house in Wanchese and try to slip out, weather permitting. Talked to my little brother yesterday and he hadn't heard of any being caught. Does anyone have any better intel, gossip, or maybe just a good fish story?

DP
"Harvey's Hookers"
222 Aquasport

·
Registered
154 Posts
From what i hear they are WAY north of the inlet. If your willing to ride 40-45 miles then they are catching them pretty good most days. The blues showed up around the inlet last couple of days.

Spenser

·
Registered
91 Posts
They were about a mile north of the light house Saturday. Most of the fish we caught were in 35-45 feet of water. Going to try again on Friday. I'll post how we do. Mike

·
Registered
91 Posts
They have been catching them between Rudee and Sandbridge. Seems like everytime I go I end up off Corolla and Duck catching fish then the bite turns on further north after I have limited out and we are headed back.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Guys...Thats what I wanted to hear. I might just stay up hear and go out of Rudee inlet with my buddy. He called today to setup something for this weekend. I just hope the winds/waves co-operate. Looks like the winds will be howlling for the next few days. Thanks for the heads up guys.

DP
"Harvey's Hookers"
222 Aquasport

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well as always plans change. My buddy up hear in VA has a grandmother with a stroke so I'm heading down to the OBX and I'm going to fire up my boat and give it a go. I'll let you know what I find.

|^^^^^^^^^^^^|
|BEER TRUCK | '|""";.., ___.
|_..._...______===|= _|__|..., ] |
"(@ )'(@ )""""*|(@ )(@ )*****(@

most likely it's one of the species that hang out in here.

DP
"Harvey's Hookers"
222 Aquasport

1 - 7 of 7 Posts