Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are gonna be down there for a week, and just for something to do between eeling for cows I'd like to throw my flyrod at some schooling fish. Any bird activity at this time? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
There were birds working and schoolies feeding on top Saturday oceanside of the 4th island all the way towards cape henry and along the CBBT.

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
There were birds working and schoolies feeding on top Saturday oceanside of the 4th island all the way towards cape henry and along the CBBT.
and several MD boats had fly fishermen on the bow doing just that.........

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Lots of birds Saturday but can't imagine trying to throw a flyrod in the crowd of boats following on a weekend. Probably hook more people and boats then fish. Almost got it at the 4th with a guy not paying attention to what's behind him on the backcast. We also had a steady pick of schoolies at the southern tip of the 4th until the crowds showed up and the current died out.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Plenty of 18 - 22'' schoolies tonight (Mon) inside of the first island. Fished the lightline with a black clouser and knocked 'em out. Good times. But no big fish.
I was going to go over towards the highrise, but I got a late start. All the marinas inside Lynnhaven were closed and I was tight on fuel. Enough to go to the first, but not enough fuel to run across the bay.
Shoot me a bmail if you are looking for fly recon.

Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts