Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Laffer paraphrasing Reagan said no one improves by taking away from one group and giving to another. He stated that Obama's redistribution economic policy will only further bring down one group and will not bring the other group up out of poverty. What to do with the 700 billion dollar bailout? Cut everyone's taxes by 50% would have an immediate effect on the economy.

For those that dont know, Laffer is a supply side economist who developed the Laffer curve whereby an increase in taxation, actually decreases tax revenue. Dr. Laffer was listed by Time Magazine in 1999 as One of the Century's Greatest Minds. He believes that income distribution will be disasterous to this economy.

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
At least prove it CG , not that I really care .
This is what Frank said:
What to do with the 700 billion dollar bailout? Cut everyone's taxes by 50% would have an immediate effect on the economy.

I have been following the bailout closely and haven't heard of anything like this. Much of the bailout money is already spent and more is being spent as we speak. Have you heard anyone say your taxes have been, or will be, cut by 50%?

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
They are all idiots. The national debt isn't 10 trillion if you do the accounting like the normal world.

It's 55 trillion meaning every household owes $450,000.00 and no one is doing anything to make the number stay even or go down.

The system is sinking and everyone is rearanging the deck chairs.

Obama is running a campaign of robbing Peter to pay Paul.... and Paul is all excited and ready to vote as many times as he can.

We are screwed, I'm voting for anyone willing to give me something for nothing.... and if they throw in a blow job I'll put a sign in the yard.

·
Registered
10,547 Posts
They are all idiots. The national debt isn't 10 trillion if you do the accounting like the normal world.

It's 55 trillion meaning every household owes $450,000.00 and no one is doing anything to make the number stay even or go down.

The system is sinking and everyone is rearanging the deck chairs.

Obama is running a campaign of robbing Peter to pay Paul.... and Paul is all excited and ready to vote as many times as he can.

We are screwed, I'm voting for anyone willing to give me something for nothing.... and if they throw in a blow job I'll put a sign in the yard.
Signs in the yard ? Have you noticed the ration of McCain signs that are being torn out of yards on the news ? My neighborhood has been the recipient of quite a few of these vandalistic crimes . It's all over the news . People are very opinionated on the Eastern Shore and don't take kindly to trespassing . It's only a matter of time before one of these misguided libs gets shot .:yes:

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
I am guessing most of BO's supporters are from the 40% that do not pay taxes...this board included.
If McCain really advertised his kids for cash rebate he'd steal the welfare vote like he did yours. A 12 grand annual gift is a hefty incentive isn't it CZ? It's all about greed and self interest .... follow the money.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is what Frank said:
What to do with the 700 billion dollar bailout? Cut everyone's taxes by 50% would have an immediate effect on the economy.

I have been following the bailout closely and haven't heard of anything like this. Much of the bailout money is already spent and more is being spent as we speak. Have you heard anyone say your taxes have been, or will be, cut by 50%?
Laffer suggested that is what he would have done with the 700 billion. Right now investors dont think much of the bailout.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Mr. Ratherfish, obviously that is the case for you.
I just don't understand why who I may or may not be is an issue.

If you believe that I'm big jim and big jim was kicked off the board as you claim then I think you need to report him to Brandon.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Mr. Ratherfish, I'm not the one who seems to have a problem here. I have continued to be as cordial as I know how to be, in spite of your continuous thread jacking.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts