Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First off I would like to thank Wild Bill for recommending Artic Armor and I just got it in the mail today. Bill also told me to give Frank a call from Fleece Corner and he would give me the best deal he could and boy was he right. I called Frank last week and we talked about it and with the Pony Express that we have here in Walkersville I got my new rain jacket. Guys this jacket is great, it's warn and not bulky at all. If anyone is in the market for a nice jacket I would highly recommend Frank and he also a TF member and one hell of a nice guy to boot. Heck he even threw in a nice pair of gloves with it. Thanks again Bill I appreciate all the information and telling me about Frank.

www.fleececorner.com 302-584-7557

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
Steve I wore my Arctic armour suit 2 weeks ago with JP...it fits really nice.........you will love it.......

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
I really like the floatation feature.

I just have one question - does anyone know if only 1 piece of it will float you or do you need to be wearing the bibs and jacket at the same time?

·
Registered
12,450 Posts

I just have one question - does anyone know if only 1 piece of it will float you or do you need to be wearing the bibs and jacket at the same time?
I would think both...but I hope I never find out..........:D

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
go play in the rain then.....:clapping2::clapping2::clapping2:
I just did B and I'm dry as a bone :D

The one thing I really like about this jacket is that the hood fits really snug around your head with the zipper all the way up and the pockets are linned. :D

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bil-Believe it or not Frank did have my size, :D hope to see you at Tri-State next month

Brian-No page on the Artic Armor but give Frank a call, also check your B-Mail

·
Registered
8,197 Posts

I think I read that there was 6 or 7 times enough buoyancy in a full suit to keep someone afloat, so I would think the jacket would provide quite a bit of floatation. Since it isn't CG approved I wouldn't depend on it. Floating is one thing but staying afloat something else entirely. Even though I feel a lot safer with it on I still wear an inflatable if I'm out alone in the winter. Truth be told, most of the places I fish I'm probably screwed with no chance to get back to the boat if I hit the water. At least they'll find my body! Trying not to fish by myself so much this winter.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Steve,

Glad to hear you like the jacket. You got me thinking hard about one of your custom rods :yes:

It was also good meeting a new bunch of TFers on Thursday at Timonium. The interest in the Arctic Armor kept me on my toes all day. I'm just hoping my stock will carry through till Sunday. We just listed it under Camo on the website, and will be changing the heading soon.

Frank

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.