Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I enjoy both types of hunting but in early archery and muzzel loader it frost my balls to have hounds let loose from the night before screw my hunt up.:nono:

·
Registered
13 Posts
trouble

I enjoy both types of hunting but in early archery and muzzel loader it frost my balls to have hounds let loose from the night before screw my hunt up.:nono:
i understand you like both but you weining about dogs running why you hugging a tree is just making the water hotter for both me and you.:helpsmilie:

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
There in lies the problem....you don't care if your hounds screw up my hunt.

I only get to hunt on Saturdays these days and two of the three that I have hunted this year have been screwed up by hounds. I know your dogs need to be worked, I formly owned rabbit beagles. Turn them out Saturday evening after dark and let them run all night and get them up Sunday. That way you are not messing anyone's hunt up.

·
Registered
245 Posts
No one that own's good rabbit dog's would leave them out all night long. If you are going to pander to people as a dog owner try to be intelligent about it.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I never said I let my beagles out all night. I was referring to him running his deer hounds.

I personally would run mine every Sunday morning once bow/ hunting season came in. The rest of the year I would work them either day.

Thanks...I have a life.

I never made the statement to derogitory. It was he who told me to quit whinning and shut up. All I could ask is that you respect others property and the right to be in the woods.

Think of this senerio....

What if you had a drive going on and I came screaming down the road and turned the deer and busted up your hunt....you'd be pissed too. I many times in my life have taking the long way around a CC road so I would not mess up other hunters, just ponder on that for a while.

·
Registered
526 Posts
personally i hate deer hounds and that is that. so say what you will i will be in my tree or stalking my deer. give them a chance plus its personally gratifying for me to know i was able to play out a situation and win.

get your popcorn ready:popcorn::popcorn::beergood: cause here it comes

·
Registered
337 Posts
You can hate them all you want, I don't have a problem with you thinking how you want to think. However with that said I do like the hound season and looking forward to it's coming again like always. I personally feel I have my way and that includes still hunting along with hound hunting. I respect others and their way of hunting however that might be and hope we can all have a great hunting season this year.

·
Registered
13 Posts
personally i hate deer hounds and that is that. so say what you will i will be in my tree or stalking my deer. give them a chance plus its personally gratifying for me to know i was able to play out a situation and win.

get your popcorn ready:popcorn::popcorn::beergood: cause here it comes
all im saying is you can hug your tree and stalk all you want but if a pack of walkers come running a 160 inch whitetail under your stand you would not shoot him because hes being run by hounds. :yes: i throught so.and on top of that im not knockin your hunt but if you shoot a deer standing still at a corn pile how is that giving him a chance.a chance to do what stand still long enough for you to crop in with your leupold.lol this guy has got to be kidding me.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
all im saying is you can hug your tree and stalk all you want but if a pack of walkers come running a 160 inch whitetail under your stand you would not shoot him because hes being run by hounds.
That is 100% correct because that would not be an ethical shot. Now if the hounds were in the pen and that 160 class buck walked then that's a different story.

Once again keep the dogs in the pen and respect others hunting on Saturday during the early season...Thanks

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
1,107 Posts
March on Richmond if you value your right to hunt with dogs! We can win this NOW, but you must be in Richmond, October 23rd by 8:00 AM the meeting starts at 9:00 AM.

VDGIF Headquarters

4010 W. Broad St.

Richmond

If you don’t make your voice heard. The Humane Society will tell DGIF what to do! This is not scare tactics, this is the truth! A full page color ad that ran in the Charlotte Gazette (Drakes Branch, VA) on October 18, 2008, the following quote should be enough to fuel your trip to Richmond:

The ugly reality of Virginia’s hound hunting “tradition” means the abandonment of dogs too old or sick to keep up with the chase, as well as widespread trespassing by hunters on posted property.

You must bring your friends and family and put an end to the lies! Take a vacation day now or your future vacations may not include hunting with dogs!

If your for or against dog hunting.....voice your opinion at the meeting or live with the outcome

AS for me...I believe it should be left up to the counties to decide for themselves....I'm for dog hunting and I will live with either outcome

·
Registered
526 Posts
all im saying is you can hug your tree and stalk all you want but if a pack of walkers come running a 160 inch whitetail under your stand you would not shoot him because hes being run by hounds. :yes: i throught so.and on top of that im not knockin your hunt but if you shoot a deer standing still at a corn pile how is that giving him a chance.a chance to do what stand still long enough for you to crop in with your leupold.lol this guy has got to be kidding me.
"i throught (sp?)" personally i only hunt with a bow, that even includes turkeys. know the reason i dont like the hounds is because of this, since the 1st of this month i have hunted almost twice a week and every fing time i hear the fing hounds on the property i hunt. i can count on both my hands how many times i have seen the hunters walk right on to te property to follow there dogs and shoot deer on the property with out even having the common decensy(sp) to let us know they are there, oh and the property has a 3 foot high fence going around it so its not like they didnt know which property they are hunting.

know i understand its "tradition" but all i ask is do what you do on your property and if your dogs come where im hunting ask permission first.

·
Registered
856 Posts
There in lies the problem....you don't care if your hounds screw up my hunt.

I only get to hunt on Saturdays these days and two of the three that I have hunted this year have been screwed up by hounds. I know your dogs need to be worked, I formly owned rabbit beagles. Turn them out Saturday evening after dark and let them run all night and get them up Sunday. That way you are not messing anyone's hunt up.
i AGREE WITH YOU ON THAT.RESPECT YOUR FELLOW HUNTERS.RUN AT NIGHT OR ON SUNDAYS.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Many folks, including myself, like to hunt during bowseason and dog season. The simple fact is that all bow and blackpowder hunters, including myself, get extremely pissed when all their efforts are ruined by a pack of hounds running illegally before general firearms season. After a few instances of getting their hunt ruined by somebody who is breaking the law, these bow and blackpowder hunters start to not take up for the dog hunters as they once would. Their opinions slowly change from pro-dog to neutral or possibly anti-dog. All this comes from people who do not respect their fellow hunter who likes to hunt before dog season. The simple solution would be to do as previously mentioned and turn out the dogs on Saturday night or go to one of the many pens that are around now. The dog hunters are bringing this all on to themselves by pissing off other hunters while turning out their dogs before gun season. If this were to cease, most of the problems would be solved. It is simple courtesy or lack thereof. It's not rocket science but, if conflicts continue, there will be new laws passed that will change things and many people will be upset. But it will be their own fault as they have brought it on themselves. A little courtesy and respect will go along way... And if you don't think things can change take a look to our brothers to the south. Many states such as La., Miss., Alabama, etc. have very little dog hunting any longer and it is under severe fire in SC right now as well.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Many folks, including myself, like to hunt during bowseason and dog season. The simple fact is that all bow and blackpowder hunters, including myself, get extremely pissed when all their efforts are ruined by a pack of hounds running illegally before general firearms season. After a few instances of getting their hunt ruined by somebody who is breaking the law, these bow and blackpowder hunters start to not take up for the dog hunters as they once would. Their opinions slowly change from pro-dog to neutral or possibly anti-dog. All this comes from people who do not respect their fellow hunter who likes to hunt before dog season. The simple solution would be to do as previously mentioned and turn out the dogs on Saturday night or go to one of the many pens that are around now. The dog hunters are bringing this all on to themselves by pissing off other hunters while turning out their dogs before gun season. If this were to cease, most of the problems would be solved. It is simple courtesy or lack thereof. It's not rocket science but, if conflicts continue, there will be new laws passed that will change things and many people will be upset. But it will be their own fault as they have brought it on themselves. A little courtesy and respect will go along way... And if you don't think things can change take a look to our brothers to the south. Many states such as La., Miss., Alabama, etc. have very little dog hunting any longer and it is under severe fire in SC right now as well.
I would have to agree as I don't feel that's asking to much, with that said there are others fueling the fire on hound hunting for other reasons like plan old selfishness and wanting to push it out. I do feel that the better houndsman will try to help with this and we all should see a difference this year. I also hope everyone that see's any outlaw hound hunters please turn them in because they give all us hunters a bad name and the good hound hunters suffer because that's what this is all about in the first place.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts