Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m reading on my FB page that we are headed to a very stormy period from January 14 thru the end of the month. Your thoughts?

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have seen that run on GFS in fact my nephew called me and said Uncle Phil are we getting a Biblical 😂 lol. Too far out to predict exact track and strength of storm but it’s on the table and shoot-straight this model did not predict 2 feet of snow before. Like I have told you I don’t just look at the computer models as this far out will flip - flop back and forth you to need to look a lot deeper there are so many more factors that come into play too get a storm of this magnitude

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
I have seen that run on GFS in fact my nephew called me and said Uncle Phil are we getting a Biblical 😂 lol. Too far out to predict exact track and strength of storm but it’s on the table and shoot-straight this model did not predict 2 feet of snow before. Like I have told you I don’t just look at the computer models as this far out will flip - flop back and forth you to need to look a lot deeper there are so many more factors that come into play too get a storm of this magnitude
Here is what you posted for that 1/7 storm first. I see about 2 feet across the area.

It did not happen, as you said things do flip flop- my reasoning to do my best to ignore the wx predictions till a day or so ahead of time. As you can see I am doing a poor job of that.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Here is what you posted for that 1/7 storm first. I see about 2 feet across the area.

It did not happen, as you said things do flip flop- my reasoning to do my best to ignore the wx predictions till a day or so ahead of time. As you can see, I am doing a poor job of that.
Okay, let's set the record straight if you read in that post, I did not predict this storm at all I just copied and pasted what the model was showing at the time. However, as it states it was on the table just like this upcoming storm but there are so many factors that have to line up to get the B word in Central Maryland that's the part that intrigues me and fascinates me, I love it. ;) :geek:

·
Registered
289 Posts
Keep it coming Phil. As much as I enjoy your actual forecast, I perhaps more enjoy reading your barely comprehensible (to me) analysis. It is clear you enjoy it and have a passion for it. Oh and you are pretty damn good at it. (y)

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Okay, let's set the record straight if you read in that post, I did not predict this storm at all I just copied and pasted what the model was showing at the time. However, as it states it was on the table just like this upcoming storm but there are so many factors that have to line up to get the B word in Central Maryland that's the part that intrigues me and fascinates me, I love it. ;) :geek:
dont give me that ****- I never said you predicted it. I said the model did. Read my post. Both of them. I said You posted it. That's all. Nice try.

map why post this ****? So If the worst happens you can say "I told you so" and if it doesn't, you say "well I only said it was possible" what bs.

Cartoon Organism Gesture Font Happy

sorry- I'm wound tight tonight.

·
Registered
146 Posts
dont give me that ****- I never said you predicted it. I said the model did. Read my post. Both of them. I said You posted it. That's all. Nice try.

map why post this ****? So If the worst happens you can say "I told you so" and if it doesn't, you say "well I only said it was possible" what bs.

View attachment 280571

sorry- I'm wound tight tonight.
There is always one in the bunch this why so many have left Tidal Fish over the years not too many of us originals left I re joined after my health issues and the politics or BS on here still remains. If you don’t like what I post don’t read it. I take a lot of pride and my own time to try to educate and have fun with winter weather especially snow storms because in our back yard they are hard to predict but it’s my passion and I’m not gonna let 1 person ruin that. So if you would like I can send you a PM explaining everything about what controls our weather. Maybe then you would understand how difficult it really is and why meteorologists can be wrong from time to time and still get paid😊

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Phil: there are a lot of us on here that appreciate your efforts and respect them. That’s why I started the post. You’re absolutely right when you say a lot of good members of this board did in fact leave because of bickering. I’ve found it best to ignore those situations and move on. Keep up the goo$ work.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Phil, keep doing what you enjoy doing. There is quite a few people on this site that likes your weather reports including me. I would like to say more about this, but I better not. Looking forward to your next weather report. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts