Tidal Fish Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

Registered
I enjoy Phil's weather reports but I'm a wake up and look out the window guy. Been around a long time and seen too many botched reports. I'm at a point in my life where I don't care if it snows or if it don't. I work but I don't need to if the weather is too bad.......... Gary

Registered
Ok time to open up. My deep distrust in all weather forecasting began when i was a child. Many a night I went to bed without doing my homework, or studying for the big test because the weather guessers forecasted significant snow. Oh the panic I felt waking up to green grass and a bare snowless landscape. It left deep scars. Deep. Perhaps one day after intense therapy I will be able to overcome it.
Well, I remember the Blizzard of 1978 went to bed I was 11 yrs. old and Bob Turk said the storm is staying south and going out to sea off NC coast he said a possible flurry. ( I was so sad) I always knew when we got a big storm was my dad cooking peanut butter toast first thing in the morning, you could smell it all thru the house馃榿. I wish my dad was still with us, but I will always have that memory along with countless others馃槆 I remember walking downstairs and opened the front door but not the screen door because there was drifts of snow 5 feet high.

I get your frustration my friend. My mother is originally from upstate Vermont so that's where I got my love for the Winter weather where its -20F below zero as I type this and of course 2 ft of snow.

I love a big snowstorm, so I get really depressed to and royally pissed off when it's all rain or snow changing to rain, or it misses us off the coast

Registered
Man you sure can tell it's Winter on here. Happens every year. Tough skin to win!!.......Gary
I wish the ice would break for Andy on the shore. He's the only one that fishes thru the winter and I miss his fishing reports.

Phil, keep your reports coming. You can only report what you feel is going to happen, as you said many factors have to fall in place in these events. I appreciate the time you take to post your thoughts.

Mike

Registered
I wish the ice would break for Andy on the shore. He's the only one that fishes thru the winter and I miss his fishing reports.

Phil, keep your reports coming. You can only report what you feel is going to happen, as you said many factors have to fall in place in these events. I appreciate the time you take to post your thoughts.

Mike
Thanks Mike! Looks like I might have a good day coming up with no wind. If I can find open water with no ice. The wind chill is the killer.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts