Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Tidal Fish SUPER Commercial Subscriber
10,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No penalty is strong enough for the criminals who did this ambush when they get them. What a bunch of rat bastage cowards. My thoughts and prayers are with the officers and their families at this difficult time. What a completely senseless tradgedy.

Fairfax Police Detective Killed, 2 Others Shot

By Tom Jackman and Lisa Rein
Washington Post Staff Writers
Tuesday, May 9, 2006; 7:06 PM

One Fairfax County police detective has been killed and at least other officers have been shot at the Sully District police station after a gunman stormed the building from some nearby woods, police sources said. A civilian police dispatcher also was wounded.

The gunman was killed in the shootout with police, the sources said. Although in early reports police said two gunmen were involved in the shooting, shortly after 6 p.m. officials said they had not been able to confirm that a second person was involved.

Immediately after the shooting, police launched a search for anyone involved, the sources said.

The gunman came from the woods carrying an automatic or semiautomatic weapon shortly before 4 p.m. Police do not know their motives.

Fairfax County Board of Supervisors Chairman Gerald E. Connolly identified the slain officer.

"What's maddening is that we don't have a clue who did this," Connolly said. "We don't have motive. Why did they do it? We don't know."

Some of the wounded were transported to Inova Fairfax Hospital by helicopter.

Nearby Westfield High in Chantilly was locked down between 4 and 6:30 p.m. for the safety of students and staff. Students were not allowed to leave the school, which is about a mile from the shooting scene, without a parent or guardian until the lockdown was lifted, Assistant Principal Brian Grainer said.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
It's a shame, I'll give you that. But the Media, in particular Channel 9 is milking this thing to death.

Peace be with the family of the fallen. Swift justice to the mother ****ers that would shoot a cop.

·
Tidal Fish SUPER Commercial Subscriber
10,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well it looks like it was an 18 year old troubled kid who did the ambush and the other officers waxed him on site. What would make this kid do something like this? Maybe it's a Mohommad Sniper copycat thing? So many kids these days have such troubling ideas. Ever since Columbine, these things have been increasing. What a horrible tradgedy.

Apparently, one officer was only slightly wounded, treated and released. One is in critical condition, and one is dead. I would suppose if this kid was, in fact, armed with two fully loaded AK47's the ambush could have been much more deadly. It probably could have been a whole heck of a lot worse if they hadn't waxed him.

Interesting that there has been no word at all from this kid's parents.

G

·
Sounds like "Suicide By Cop" to me with a dash of "Take a couple with me on the way out" thrown in for good measure. Stupid, selfish, b*stard.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts