Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
David Beckams getting 50 MILLION dollars a year to play soccer in Los Angeles... Jesus CHRIST.. Are you kidding me ?

I'm pulling my kid out of LX ,post haste and putting him back into soccer camp....

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber
250 Posts
Yeah, go figure!
We all are amazed about baseball players like Arod in NY.....and yes this is 2x his salary.
How much money can we pay " kids" to play a game. the average salary for us working stiffs is somewhere around 35k from last I heard. No wonder we can't afford tickets.
But heck, our whole world seems to revolve around our sports....God knows i luv baseball and football but dang...It's no wonder a 20 year old kid comes outta college and gets in trouble...doesn't know how to handle having all that money to burn. geez what a problem to have!
Sorry about the rant;)
Bobby

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess LA is banking on attendance to subsidize this salary. I just can't imagine that kind of cash for soccer. Definenatley setting a precendent Christ , he is 32, while young is old in sports.

Your rant is justified just look at how many kids are leaving college football this year for the pros and the cash next year. Amazing.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
I guess LA is banking on attendance to subsidize this salary. I just can't imagine that kind of cash for soccer. Definenatley setting a precendent Christ , he is 32, while young is old in sports.

Your rant is justified just look at how many kids are leaving college football this year for the pros and the cash next year. Amazing.
Leaving college is probably a bad idea, but think about it. It is a symbiotic relationship. The kids are getting part of an education and they would not be there otherwise and the school is making tons of cash by putiing a good team on the field.

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
He is the best player in the league. His skills were slipping in Europe so he elected to come here and beat up on our players. Even with his diminishing skills he is better than everyone over here. Don't know if that justifies all that money just trying to explain why he elected to come here. Also his wife is posh spice from the spice girls so there might be a hollywood connection as well.

·
Registered
535 Posts
He is one of the best players in the world.I love my kids playing LAX Echo but I agree my kid is going back to soccer.7years of soccer and last year he started to play football.What is up with that.Me living off my son doesnt look good now.Maybe I can make a come back at 42 yrs old.

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Six degrees of separation

David Beckham was loved by all of England when he played for Manchester United but he angered fans when he agreed to the terms of his sale to Real Madrid by Malcolm Glazer, the much-reviled owner of Manchester United who also owns the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and TF's favorite company, Omega Protein.

Byrd's dead-on with why this is a good move for Beckham, and it may prove to be the shot-in-the-arm that brings Soccer into America's consciousness.

In terms of viewership numbers and potential advertising access, the World Cup makes the Super Bowl look like a late night airing of Mama's Family.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts