Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
......"THOU SHALT NOT EAT GRITS ON SUNDAY."

Lets get the introductions over with: Sutherners, meet Potato. Potato, I introduce you to Sutherners.

I will run you thru the steps, yet again, as they happen.
First, boil em until about half done. Cool em, slip the skins, puttem in fridge.

You see those skins I saved? Feedem to yur chikkins, they will turn em into some of these, which works out perfectly considering the direction this will be going.

Now its time to set a few things aside, namely some frozen bell pepper strips, a little onion, and a clove of garlic.

I must take a small break in the action at this point. It is that time on Sunday that I go out by the garden and sing old Suthern spirituals and give up an offering to the gods. Besides, nobody is awake to eat this culinary delight around here. Dont go far, its fixin to git real freaky around here, with stuff that is somewhat foreign to dedicated grits-lappers, like the meaty substance known as sausage, and what us Yanks call eggs introduced into the mix.............

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok Radar Undies, but I wouldnt do this fo jus anybody. Now I'll have to get some grits. I donated my last box to the Toano Elemetary School to use for snowfall in their Xmas play, "The Little Drummer Boy."

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lets get this thing completed before any more of you poor Rebs fall victim to grits poisoning.

Oh Sweet Mother of Dead Pigz, its fried sausage patties!!!

What in the heck is the fixation with those dribbly dagum grits anyway, folks? Live like yur civilized fer petes sake. Under the Radar needs to pay particular attention to this step. Hash browns.

It is a little-known fact that Grant sent Lee a pic of his Union breakfast at Appamattox Courthouse. Lee is reported to have ran over to Grants camp to hammer out some conditions of surrender, and then eat.

Hey, I dint make the history, I just report on it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
looks good and I know your breakfast is tasty. But yes here in VA we do fry taters, but not in any fancy non stick pan, and don't worry about the dang skins either. We still use my momma's old black skillet and buy lard in local grocery store just for tater frying. Two things you can cook all you want but if cornbread and taters are not done in a black skillet they just don't taste right. Crappie turn out good too.

·
Registered
30 Posts
That looks good but where's the gritsdoh BREAKFAST IS NOT COMPLETE IN THE SOUTH WITHOUT 1 OF 2 THINGS,GRITS OR GRAVY AND BISKETS:yes:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Is that big brown egg from a maran hen? It is big enough and round enough, just not dark enough to be pure.

Big bag of frozen hash browns is just a little quicker at 5am in the morning, and I like lots more onion.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.