Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

A group of us are staying in Dewey Beach for the month of August and plan on doing some fishing while we're here. I think we will be doing a lot of surf fishing and that's what we plan on starting with tonight.

I have been trying to find some fishing reports, but there are few. I did find one (Delaware Fishing Report - DNREC Alpha) that has some good content.

We are mainly interested in those 3 Cobia that have been caught in the Surf. I think our plan is to go out this evening using the following tackle:
  • One rod with a split rig with a size 3 hook for bait fish (mainly Spot) and a 5/0 circle hook for Cobia
  • One rod with a sliding weight and 5/0 circle hook with Bunker

Will keep the thread posted on the action. Would love for others to chime in if you're our here fishing!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Cobia in the surf here are a rarity... if you put out a chunk Bait and one comes by before a ray or dogfish he will eat it.
Beach life 5hese days are kingfish, blues, spot, occasional reds and pompano. And always skates and dogfish
Hit IRI in early mornings and evenings for stripers

·
Registered
41 Posts
Stop by old Inlet bait and tackle, and check their fishing report on their site. They'll point you in the right direction. Cut bait for blues and kings. Or fish bites for kings. Good luck have fun

1 - 3 of 3 Posts