Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering putting a autopilot system on my boat. I often troll alone and need a helping hand during the set, fight, and retrieve. I have been looking at the Raymarine S1000 unit and think it would make a good fit for my 23' CC. I saw one review that the unit does not work under 3MPH. If you have one of these or a suggestion for a better unit please advise.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I have used the Raymarine unit for the last 3 seasons. Great unit and easy to install yourself. Will operate under 3 mph however sometimes going into medium seas the unit will shutoff when the boat stops making headway. Has built in patterns but I don't use them. I run a 25' Parker Sport Cabin with a 250 Yamaha

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
I have done a TON of research into this unit and am putting one on my boat this winter for the same reason you are. From what I have learned, it used to not work under 3 mph, but there was a software update added to the units that are shipping now and Raymarine has a software update that can be installed in old computers to make it work. I have heard great things which is why I chose this unit...good luck

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
What are the price ranges on these? I'm conisdering one for my 24' CC. (I have a Garmin 4208)

·
Registered
294 Posts
The S1000 went thru growing pains and a software upgrade, it'll work at 3 MPH no problem. I have a SIMRAD and have been very disatisfied with them, ok product long as it works.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the info especially to look at the Garmin. I would not have thought of them as a manufacturer. Based on the research the S1000 is available for around $880.00. You must have hydraulic stearing for this unit. I have a SeaStar Hyd. Stear unit on the boat which makes it a perfect fit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts