Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Left the bodkin at 5:45 and headed down the bay. The fog had visibilty cut down to about 100ft. Got right passed the bridge on the eastern side and saw some birds working. Worked them for a little but most of the fish were small so I decided to keep heading south. Got down to buoy 86 and saw some more breakers. These fish were a little bigger. Caught about 18-20 most were around 20"-21". I was out by myself so I kept one 21' in hope of finding some bigger fish. Worked these fish for about 2 hours having a blast catching two 20" fish at a time using a dropper fly and stingsilver. Action started to slow down so I headed back north around 10am. Got around the bridge and there was one school after another. Every mile there was a different group of birds working. It took some searching but right north of the love point area I ran into a massive school of bunker with some good marks on the bottom. Stop to do some jigging and hooked up with a few fish around 22". Then hooked up with a 26" and decided to keep it for my limit and call it a day. It was not doubt one of the most fun days I have had on the water. The fish were not huge but it was catching all day long and one school after another.

Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts