Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a couple of my new trolling rods this morning. I was amazed, he said they turned out okay. I think that was an understatement :yes:
These rods are sweet Steve, can't wait to see the next batch. Excellent work, I wish the season started today:D
Spent have the morning on the internet trying to match them up with the perfect reels.
Sorry if any of the pic's are a little blurry, rough night;)

Very very happy:))
Thanks alot Steve.

Check him out!
http://www.backyardcustomrods.com

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Steve's always done a great job on the LTJ rods, and now he's really nailing the trolling rods, as well.

Nice to deal with a true craftsman who takes his work seriously and charges a very fair price for the amount of time and effort that goes into it.

Great job, Steve... and congrats on the new "family members" Ravens16! :D

·
Premium Member
26,271 Posts
Those works of art are too nice to take trolling.:D You better catch fish with them.:)) But if you don't -you'll look good trying:rolleyes: Skip

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
Dave I really appreciate the complement, as you know I have only built a few trolling rods and I’m trying to get better at each one. I’m looking forward to building you 2 more and I promise not to get the “R” crooked the next time, thanks for noticing that Brian :censored: but I told Dave I wanted to make each letter crooked because of his boat name. :chugbeer: Again Dave thanks and thanks for posted some pics. I look forward to seeing you with your new rods holding up a nice fat striper. :bigfish:

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Just busting your balls Steve..

Dave I;m still here till Monday. Ain't going no where near Joes thou. Plenty to do in Marathon and Islemorada. Now if I were a flaming ****, I'd be at Joes in a heart beat.

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
Just busting your balls Steve..

Hey B I know you are I would not expect anything less or I get PO. :censored: I did not notice it until I get the damn epoxy on and then it was too late. Dave understood thank God. Hey are we still on for the first of April man I need to get out. I hope you have good weather in Florida you lucky dumb have fun and don't look at the ladies on the beach. :28:

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I was Steve's Trolling Rod Guinea Pig

Dave, I or I should say my son, Chris, has Steve's first built trolling rod. Steve showed it off at the Tri State show. Did you get his special 50"er guarantee with it?? If not call him up and demand a refund.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dave, I or I should say my son, Chris, has Steve's first built trolling rod. Steve showed it off at the Tri State show. Did you get his special 50"er guarantee with it?? If not call him up and demand a refund.
Guarantee:confused:

He told me not to tell anyone but he did give me a $10 gift card from Bob's Tackle Shop, a dozen farm raised eggs, a 50 lb bag of cow manure fertilizer, an original copy of an invitation to Anna Nicole Smith's funeral and partially used 9" BA from one of his trips to the CBBT:D
I am so blessed;)

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
Sam-I only give out one genie a year and you got that one. Just tell Chris not to rub it to hard :D

Paul-I’m going to try to build just about everything, I understand from Phill you guys are trying to get with Capt. Skip for a flats trip you could not have picked a better guy for that.

Dave-Hold on to that invitation it might be worth something one day and what ever you do DON”T eat those eggs. :wacko: Now you know you can still use that 10” BKD that I gave you they last forever.

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
Very nice Steve........I'm sure it's easier when you're doing something you enjoy...congrats on a fine job....my new ride will be here by end of this week...we need to hookup!.......:cool2:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts