Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eminent Brothers,
I've been looking at the X-Pliers that are the ones that are supposed to float and supposed to cut braid. Floating pliers would be nice and even better if they do cut braid. Anyone know if they really cut braid??? What sayith the manly men of the TF message board??

·
Registered
858 Posts
Oddly enough, those kindergarten scissors work best for braid, as I have found. I get them for a few cents a piece and tie a cork to them. They also work well to trim hackles and open BA packages.

Don

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
My Xtools fell apart after about a year and a half. Dont know if thats the norm but thats what happened to me. They do float well because I witnessed them floating away from the boat after I launched em:)

·
Premium Member
26,140 Posts
I guess being the owner of a boat that rocks alot-floating pliers are a must.:D :) :p Seriously-I like scissors that the EMS guys use.Not too expensive-try Wal mart.They are cheap stainless but last a long time.They cut braid as good as anything.My friend has a "torch" that is made just for braided line-uses 2 AA batteries.I think he got it from Cabela's or BPS.New nail clippers work well also.I cringe when I see guys (HO's) using $$$$ pliers on my boat-always waiting to hear -OH F*%^-when they set them on the highly polished but slippery gunwales of my Grady:D . Skip

·
1,295 Posts
The x-tools work OK but adonnar store scissors works just as well. The scissors also work well with cutting fishbytes

1 - 8 of 8 Posts