Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Son and I fished NE of 42 Sat. Had to use the electric motor for a wile as the drift wasn't that good. We picked up 5 nice flounder and several big croaker over the day. Drift started good about noon or so. Pink and green with green being the best. Some people had real good luck from what we heard on the radio. Had to turn it off a few times cause of all the ****! Glad I'm not a weekend fisherman very often. Storms went across the bay north of us early and heard reports of some heading down the Rapp. so we stayed where we were for a wile. When it looked like it was going to get a little iffy as to our location we left and ran into a little rain and a breeze but nothing serious. Checked the crab pots on the way in and had a 5 gal. bucket of nice crabs to boot. Good day we thought with plenty of seafood and good quality time.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I figured the tide would pick up right after I talked with you. The fog wasnt too bad going back across. That electric motor of yours sounds worth the effort. We've waited there for the tide to turn like that for hours and never saw it. Figured that would happen again if we stayed. Finished with a 24 and a 22 and lost 3 nice fish at the boat. Guess I oughta sharpin a hook or two. Nice fishin with you BT.

Mac & Sherry

·
Registered
702 Posts
nice job NW, heard some good reports from there all day long yesterday. That sure was a nice breeze to go along w/ that storm.[grin]

pepsi

·
Registered
231 Posts
Good work! I fished there today, had lines in the water at 7:30 and my limit by 11:30. Nothing worth paper work, but all fish between 19 and 22 inches. A little breezy and the drift was fast, but a little more weight on the line made for good fishing. Everyone was complaining about too much breeze, but I would rather have a little breeze in the middle of July than 100 degrees and no breeze!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts