Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With no drift at all (don't care to troll for flatties), a few croakers, and no breeze for 3 1/2 hours, we decided the water bikes needed to be exercised in Sturgeon Creek. A few were catching fluke trolling from east to west in the area, but the drift fisherman were out of luck on this day. We jigged the WT2 structure and had no takers, but I'm no expert on this trout thing, either! Saw a few boats anchored atop WT2 but did not see any reeled spades above the water. Beautiful, slick ride across the bay both ways. When it gets too much like work, I punch out!!...aye....aye

WA

·
Registered
146 Posts
Yep Warren, we were right there with you....lines straight down....I finally rigged a couple of light freshwater rods with single snell hooks and 1/4 oz. weight and we picked up 25 of the biggest croaker I've seen, slow jigging off the bottom........but no flounder and nothing on my standard down rigs.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Sounds like I didnt miss too much last weekend... itll all change next weekend (hopefully)-- the spades should definatly be in next weekend, especially with this heat wave were having right now

JP
"KwikRelease"

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for the Cell report Warren. I hope to get over there Sat morning. Lets hope the bite turns on this weekend.

Allen
Guitar Picker

1 - 6 of 6 Posts