Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the seatrial went well, but the survey showed alot of things needing attention = fair market value gets lowered, Boat surveyed out well under what seller was asking for the boat and he refused my offer. So I'm back to square 1. I am still looking for a 28 + express with diesels or Center console with Twin OB

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts
He probably also saw spring coming and figures the buyers will come out with less price resistance. Good call walking away.

You'll find one!

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mike & Ben,
I doubt he'll counter offer, he was looking at moving away, that isn't happening now, plus I think he got juked on his survey and paid to much for the boat, he was asking 65k and it surveyed out @40k as is, so I'll keep looking, it wasn't my dream boat anyway, it's a bummer, but if it wasn't to be, it wasn't to be, the wife is kinda pissed that I wasted the money for the survey, but I look at it as saving me thousands in the end. keep an eye out for me, my dream boat is out there somewhere!

·
Premium Member
7,664 Posts
Keep Looking.... Believe me there are plenty of boats out there.

It took me 2 years to find the right boat and I am happy with my decision.

Time Well Spent!!!

HAPPY HUNTING!!!! :boat: :fishing2: :boat:

·
Registered
77 Posts
28 foot center console

There's a 1999 model Contender 25 (28 feet long) with twin Yamaha 225 ox 66's.

58 mph boat fully rigged. I think the boat broker is asking 50K or so.

Offshore Brokerage at Marina Shores - Benny Bannerman - if your still interested.

David Akridge
Virginia Beach Contender
757-650-4509

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
the survey might not be a total loss, you can sale it to anotherprospective buyer if one comes along, however, since it was less than sparkling I doubt the seller would let another buyer know about it. Joe still has thet Delta for sale, not sure what the asking price is, but it wouldn't hurt to take a look.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Many times I have had clients walk away from a boat after the survey. Yeah you are out of the money for the survey, but it WILL save you alot in the long run.

I don't know about selling the survey to another buyer. In my survey agreement forms and in my introduction and conclusions it states that the survey is exclusively for the use of the named client (you in this case). Third parties are excluded. I don't know who you used, but most of us have some statement to that effect in our report.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Todd,

I don't know if it's still there, but at the first fixed pier at Cove Marina there was a 29' Luhrs Open with twin diesels. I thought it was for sale (I told my wife I need a CBBT boat to go with the Doghouse), but after my beating I didn't pursue it.

See you on Sunday @ 1500 at Greg's.

Joe

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the replies, Darren I talked to Joe about the delta, I'm gonna go look at it tomorrow on the way back from Baltimore, Doghouse, I think I looked at that luhrs, all of the ones I looked at are underpowered, there is 1 in NC that has 225 hp diesels , might be worth looking at, but it will prob only due 20-21knt cruise, and for everyone info, the only center consoles I would be interested in would be a Mirage SF with inboards

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
P.S. Joe (doghouse) remember the rope a dope, she will eventually tire out, see ya sunday

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I went and looked at the Delta, in a word.............SWEEEEEET
this one will definately do, 36 foot fishing machine!

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
Yeah, Joe put a new gen set in it also. That boat has the C series 8.3 Cummins. They have the wet sleve replaceble cylinder liners.:thumbup: :thumbup: A very sweet engine package for sure. That would be a whole heck of alot more for the money than an express. But it would require a wet slip for sure.

Hope you can work it out. If so it would be all the boat you will ever need to get out & back safely.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Fished that delta a many, many times. Joe took pirstine care of that boat both mechanically and cosmetically. He always spent the extra money and bought the good **** for it too. If you have any questions, let me know. I know that boat like the back of my hand.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts