Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and were in florida this past week 2-23 to 3-3 we fished out of Johns Pass in treasure island on 2-27 and caught AJ's, King and Spanish MAC.'S we only had one grouper but it did not matter as we found out upon our arrival that the season was closed until 3-15.(NOTE TO SELF ALWAYS CHECK DESIRED SPECIES PRIOR TO BOOKING) anyway had a great time and learned that A.J.'s are very good to eat even if your not from the shore. After 2 more days of yard work at the inlaw's we were off to northern Miami to go on the long awaited Sailfish/tarpon trip. I had talked with the captain a couple of times during the week and everything sounded like we picked the perfect time to go. The moon was 1 day from full and the Tarpon feeding heavy. Unfortunately a cold front was on the way and we were a day in front of it. Well we fished from 1:00 to dusk for sails with kites (very cool!) and flat lines drifting;very slow afternoon no sails ;one very large hammerhead provided the only pullage. But no need to worry the tarpon were the next target NOT fished from dusk to 10:30p.m. only one ladyfish. OH WELL maybe next time. The trip was still a great experience and I will fish with Captain Dave Kostyo again;although the bite was off this man had his act together and was much more upset than jane or I was. BTW if anyone wants to know he fishes out of Spinnaker Marina in North Miami and can be reached at 305-965-9454 the name of his boat is KNOT NANCY. Just a note he kept us out an hour and a half longer than we were supposed to fish due to the poor fishing that was most impressive;I have had others who left on time no matter what.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
that is good to hear you had a good capt...FL unfour. is the land of scams, i used to live there, next time you go down, if you went out of johns pass (i have first hand exper. with that place) you might try a flats trip out of port ritchey or tarpon springs, you should not be dissapointed....
thanks for the report
also if you want to rent a boat around port ritchie (can't tell you where to get the boat) but can help with the fising spots give me bmail

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.