Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Returned back to VA yesterday after a few good sailfishing days in Miami with Capt Ray Rosher on the Miss Britt. We actually ended up winning the 4th Annual Electronic Payments Sailfish Derby. Fishing was a little slower than it had been for us the past 3 years due to temps in the mid 80's and variable winds. Hard to keep a kite in the air without a good 15-20 blow. We did manage though with a helium balloon on the kites when the wind was not cooperating. Had a great crew on our boat consisting of Scott, Jimmy, Grady, Andrew and Jason. It is alot of fun just hanging out on the water with your buddies bs ing when the fishing slows. Rumor has it we set a new Florida record for the most cold ones consumed in 1 day while fishing. I can not disclose the amount until its official but lets just say it was alot. We also managed a few nice gaffer dolphins which were cooked up for us at a local restaurant that was awesome and was breaded with some type of macedamia nut recipe. It is amazing to only have to run about 4-5 miles off the beach to catch sails after catching bait insore off the buoys which consisted of threadfins, pilcherds, goggle eyes and cigar minnows. The mate was good with the cast net bringing in about 200 baitfish while we fished beside with sabiki's. The extra bait is thrown out in the spread all day long as live chum and it works. We filled about 3 livewells full each day in 20-30 minutes. Glad we left 80 degrees to return to low 30's, especially since this cold will push the stripers out to the ocean and bring our awesome Bay season to a possible end.

Scott Kidd
"Double Down
29 Hydrasport CC Vector View attachment 753

View attachment 754

·
Registered
33 Posts
Kite fishing in Miami is great fun. It is a must for the die hard angler. Looks like you guys had a blast with nice weather. I will be watching espen II for the official Natty count I must warn you I participated in the Mayors cup in Cocanut Grove with Buck Wheat last year we set a pretty high bar. That is a great tourney plenty to eat and drink.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mountain Man- We stayed and fished out of Coconut Grove. I think I saw your drinking accomplishments on the plaque at Monty's Restaurant. The weather was great and the fishing was a little slower than I have had in the past down there, but the beer was cold. I have not told my sponsor (Natural Light) yet that I was drinking Bud Lt, Modelo, Budweiser, Miller Lt and believe it or not Miller High Life Lite. I was not in charge of alcohol purchased for the trip but I know my sponsor would be mad that no Natti Light was in the mix.:D

·
Registered
135 Posts
Congratulations! I know you must of had a fun time. It's a shame you didn't get a NE wind. That gets the fish bunched up and all hell breaks loose. I know, I worked as a mate for 5 years out of Palm Beach Inlet. Man I miss kite fishing. I have caught Sailfish so close to the beach I could see the the sunbathers. Don't worry about the Bay fish Andrew and James went out yesterday and tore them up.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Wow look how close you were to land in that second picture. Scott welcome back, suppose to snow Sunday night. Better load up on the Natural Light.

Wayne G
Sea Level

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wayne:

Nati Light delivery truck should be pulling into Short Pump for a delivery to my house in a few hours.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Looks like a great time Scott! Is that Andrew (Drapery Man)? He knows my brother in law (Tim Higginbotham) real well. I've met him before at the races with Tim. He also works with my fishing buddy Tim Smith.

One question? How do I get in the Electronic Payments Business? This is what I want to do when I grow up. I thought Third Child had it made! Let's get a beer soon.

Bandit aka Wayne:D :D

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wayne: You are correct- that is Andrew the drapery man. The electronic payments industry is overated!!!!!! Third Child has the golden horshoe job of all time. Let me know when you got time to slip out and have a cold one- I am always game for that.

Scott

·
Registered
678 Posts
Time to get back to work Scott!
Glad you guys had a ball and I'll give your liver time to recoup then we can get out for a few cold ones. Maybe call Wayne and get a few in over at Shack's.
Bite is starting to go off south and the cold weather will only make it better and better.

Did you manage to get back with 19 fingers this time!!??

Nice pics. Wish I had some from the last couple weeks, but too many other "responsibilities".
Let me know if you need some help moving the boat.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Cary: The closest I came to a fillet knife in Florida was watching a guy across the dock cut up some dolphin- still got 19 fingers in tack- we will get Bandit and Wayne and make a nite at Capital Ale House soon. Not too concerned with my liver due to recent findings that my growth was stunted when I was young due to the fact that I was born with 3 livers- therefore I am in good shape and still have 2 spares to boot!!!! I heard Third Child is now employed at Capital Ale House, or at least he has been spending so much time there that they decided to put him on payroll:D :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts