Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
still minor prob with one sensor somewhere stalling port eng at idle. But, they run great. Scared to floor board it since i do not even know the max rpm's. But they are broke in. Mechanic is bringing computer by on mon to figure last (i hope) gremlin.

I was at 45 mph at 5500. did not want to push it but it still had some more pull. i am still hoping for 50-ish. cruises at 35-36 at 4200 which is were i used to run. can't figure out all the digital gauges yet. I need to read the manual!

·
Registered
861 Posts
R&B, glad to hear that you're back on the water. I thought the max RPM was as far as the throttle will go!!! Just Kidding. Good luck with the final grimlins.

Mushy

·
Registered
146 Posts
Congrats bro...been a long time coming....glad you got it up and running, are you keeping the spare boat???[grin]

·
Registered
151 Posts
Congrats. I have twin 200 HPDIs and run 52+ with 19 pitch mirage+ props. The 17 steel yamaha props would only run around 47. Great motors and efficient at cruise.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys.

gw,

what is your max rpm. Fuel, cruise, boat info? i am going to try and get some benchmarks this week. it has been so long since i bought them but my stainless props, i think, are 17's

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
397 Posts
I read that the max RPM should be 5600. That said I've only had mine up to 5300.

·
Registered
151 Posts
R&B,

My cruise gph is 16-18 gph at around 37 mph. Max mpg on the fuel mgt guage is 2.4. Top gph at wot is 38.

My boat weighs around 6800-7k wet, with a 9'3" beam. It is bracketed. I turn 5600 rpm wot, the 17's would go 57-5800+ and had a lot of slip. The large diamter props handle better at the dock, but my single engine troll is a little on the fast side, right at 3smph.

Really loving the no smoking smooth HPDIS.

The boat is a 2001 Grady 232.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Hey Rock,
Glad to see you finally gottem going. I know you are happy. Hope all is well and the last problem is minor. We all been pulling for you.
Bubba[angel][angel]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts