Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the flood of questions, but I'd appreciate your input on one more item.

Can anyone recommend a comfortable seat-back for a canoe? My wife wants to Pickerel fish with me this winter (or so she says!) but has a recurring sore back from the kids and the gym (and from shopping...or at least that's my theory). She went with me last winter and could only last a little while before her back hurt too much. I'm not sure that the standard plastic molded swivel chairs are much of an improvement, so I'm wondering if any of you have come across a canoe-friendly (i.e.- attaches to a bench) system that actually provides some back support.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Crazy Creek

I have the Crazy Creek ones and they are terrific and adjustable. We also use them for outdoor events (Wolftrap concerts, etc) and they're great to rock back in. I can't remember which model we have - maybe the II - but they all work the same way.... Crazy Creek Good luck - Andy

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Forgot to add that they took a while to tweak and adjust with the "fit" I wanted, but once you do you don't have to adjust it again. My wife has hers set up differently so we just marked them with our initials......

·
Registered
654 Posts
I am going to bookmark this post. If I ever get the urge to sell my Parker for a canoe, re-reading a question like this will set me straight. :yes:

Seriously, cold water and canoes are a dangerous combo, never mind throwing a wife with a fishing rod into the equation.

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Jeff -

I got two pretty comfortable stadium seats a few years ago when my daughter was in high school marching band. They have a nylon web strap that goes under the aluminum bleacher bench and snaps together to lock them in place. They also have an adjustable angle back rest. They were pretty comfortable at the high school stadium. I never tried them on a canoe. I had hoped that I could figure out a way to use them on my new Gheenoe, but the boat bench configuration is not right.

I think they would work for a canoe. If you want to borrow one to try it out (either in the drive way or on the water), let me know.

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am going to bookmark this post. If I ever get the urge to sell my Parker for a canoe, re-reading a question like this will set me straight. :yes:

Seriously, cold water and canoes are a dangerous combo, never mind throwing a wife with a fishing rod into the equation.
Ha....that's exactly what I did and never looked back.:thumbup: Canoes can be a lot of fun, but I agree about the safety aspect. We stick to the creeks, always, always where pfds, and are usually within a few feet of shore and a few feet of water (that's the advantage of a canoe). Also, mine is the wider, flat-back variety, so it's a little more stable.

Thanks for the tips, guys. John, I will take you up on that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts