Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a leasurely start to the marina in hopes of some pullage. Bay was slick cam and hot. It was so calm I punched in CLT to see how far. 56 miles from the mouth of Broad Creek. Rounded Stingray Light and the GPS shows 1hr. 38mins. As I go by Wolf Trap there are only 5 boats there so pull back on the throttle and give it a try. Spades were biting but they were only 4 to 5 pounders. Still I was ok with that cause being by myself the extended run to the CLT wasn't what my lovely young bride wanted to hear. (She worries about me a lot.) Ended up with a nice catch of Spade and released several more. Good day but Hot! Hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday.[smile]

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We would rather eat spades than flounder. Good thing I guess cause the other flat fish has been hard to come by. Haven't tryed for the flounder in a while but did get a good report this evening so there may be hope for us yet.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Nice work on the spades BT. See you next weekend after the flat ones ? Have you been in the last week or so - we were in Florida chasing reds and trout for our anniversary trip - of course my wife Amy caught the most reds and the biggest. She will be on the boat next weekend so maybe my flounder luck is due for a change.

Feeshon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.