Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was there when it happened. I was behind Gary waiting to launch my boat when I saw his boat going around in circles and knew what had happened. My son and I ran down to the pier and were able to grab him as the boat came by. He was real lucky that day as he told me he didn’t think he could have held on any longer.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
What a good story. First time I heard that. WOW! The old man went crabbing after that. Hard Core Crabber.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Gary,

Great job to everyone who helped that day, a lot of heroes to that lucky crabber. Another example of why the kill switch implementation is a good idea. It could happen to any of us out there.

Mike

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Gary,

Great job to everyone who helped that day, a lot of heroes to that lucky crabber. Another example of why the kill switch implementation is a good idea. It could happen to any of us out there.

Mike
Mike I am a fan of the new kill switch requirement, it is a good idea for a lot of reasons. I am becoming more and more safety conscious in my old age. Last year I had a Fell wireless kill switch installed and I have been very pleased with it. Wearing a leash to the dash does not work when crabbing and fishing in a center console and something could go wrong anytime the motor is running.

MOB+ Basepack Multifob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts