Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left Ruee at about 0800 and headed south the the dam neck area & started trolling,25' out to 3 mi 45'. Put everthing in the water but my tackle box and had 1 hit and lost it near the boat.
returned to Rudee about to find 10-12 boats waiting to be pulled out. Droped off my son to get the truck from across the street & he calls me to say someone has blocked me in..
Took me 30 min. and alot of skill but I did make it out.
NOTE To the Dodge pick up with NC plates who blocked me in your Christmas present was I left the air in your tires!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Sorry for your problems ReelRich.

If you think it was bad today, try it tomorrow.

I been there at 7:30 AM and lot full ( lot and overflow both).

Least you got your boat in the water!

·
Registered
276 Posts
your not the only one i trolled all day from 6:30 to about 12:30 with only one knock down. started around dam neck and ended up in front of the virginia beach pire. today really sucked. thinking about heading out tommrow also. people saying its going to be better. but good luck to you next time.

·
Registered
250 Posts
SHould have came north just a little bit further....nothing like Tuesday's bite but was steady with with 33-36" fish. You may do fine just to go over to Crab Creek and fish Cape Henry.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry that you didn't catch anything. That's just fishing.
Let's try a little more kindness at the boat ramp fellas.... its Christmas, for goodness sake!

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
If you "BAY" "it" they will come.......

I don't think it was you necessarily but I think Tuesdays "amazing day" spooked them. Kevin and I went out and launched at Rudee yesterday. We didn't ping a thing in the ocean so we never even bothered to put a troll line down or anything untill we eventually decided to change site altogether and go toward the eastern shore..and then we just dropped some eels.... We have "blind trolled" before in the past. My husband lacks patience with trolling and honestly it wasn't even worth it to drop a line unless we saw a ping or two.. so we did not........My advice is to forget the " ocean" for now & hang out in the bay, high rise or eastern shore areas near the structure for the next couple of days at least until the bay season is over. I guarantee you will get more bang for your buck in the bay. The structure really makes a difference and besides..... once bay season ends ....you can have all the ocean you want... but your freezer will probably already be too loaded with fish to care... So chin up...ANd ;-) Good luck to whatever you decide to do and please keep us posted....Happy New Year :0) Beth

·
Registered
486 Posts
Steve Wray!

Went out on the Ocean Pearl this afternoon. Left at 1PM. We caught 16. 9 of us on board.
We went for the 4 kids on board! They caught most of them.
We were between the Green can and Lighthouse all day.

ReelRich, it was probably your Grady!
Or it was because I was not on it!
You must have lost my number!

Jerry Hughes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts