Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alex and I got out on the evening shift, loaded up with Helecopter Lures and a brand new beer I discovered over the weekend called Northern Reserve. If you look closely at the box you can see three guys ice fishing, which is fitting, cause that's sort of what it felt like out there tonight. The manufacturer calls it an "ice lager" but to us it tasted more like a rusty can those ice fishermen might have reeled in. I can't say for sure if it helped or hindered our fishing efforts, but here's a few of the "bigguns" Alex and I mustered. And just in case the makers of Northern are reading, how about this for a new slogan: "Northern Reserve...The beer that made the South secede."

Attachments

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
If you look closely at the box you can see three guys ice fishing, which is fitting, cause that's sort of what it felt like out there tonight.
Put some clothes on man.

Where do you find that ****? :D

I was out this evening also...with my son and his buddy. No fishing on my part, but they did manage 3 fish, largest at 16", caught on BA's in electric chicken and opening night. Nothing on the helicopter or brown teaser.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I went out yesterday morning for an hour or two as well.....cold as hell, no bait in shallow, "confused" current, and only a handful of fish, one that may went 19"-20.....

I hate to be the one who says it, but based on what happened after previous years cold fronts we may have seen he end of the shallows bite.....

Greg - were you up in the headwaters???

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Clancy,

Cedar to Bluff Point and the Narrows in the evening with the boys. Early morning upriver with no takers.

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
When I visit my mother in Reading, PA, some times I go the local beer distributor. Last summer, I saw cases of Defenders Choice at a remarkably low cost. I have never seen Northern lager before. Based on your comments, it is worth avoiding.

Keep up the good fishing success and the low-end beer flavor reports.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Dang, you boys and your beer....

and maybe pay attention to the weather next time and put on some pants....Indian Summer is a thing of the past....

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
When I visit my mother in Reading, PA, some times I go the local beer distributor. Last summer, I saw cases of Defenders Choice at a remarkably low cost. I have never seen Northern lager before. Based on your comments, it is worth avoiding.

Keep up the good fishing success and the low-end beer flavor reports.
John-

What would you consider a "remarkably low cost" for Defender's Choice? I think there's probably a lot of subjectivity to that assessment. Like, I consider $10 a good price for a Natty Boh case. Someone else might consider that remarkably low.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have seen Defender's Choice as low as $9.99 for a 30-box, though I cannot confirm rumors that you get a free 30-box whenever you purchase a gun in PA.

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
John-

What would you consider a "remarkably low cost" for Defender's Choice? I think there's probably a lot of subjectivity to that assessment. Like, I consider $10 a good price for a Natty Boh case. Someone else might consider that remarkably low.
I think it was around $10-11 for a case. I can't remember if the case had 24 or 30 cans.

·
Premium Member
26,227 Posts
If BEER WORLD in Cambridge is still open - we need to have a SRRKC road trip :D. They used to offer over 300 beers :clapping2::clapping2:.Lord knows what might lurk on the bottom shelves :eek2:.

Got to be careful buying odd beers.Sometimes they have been on the shelf for years.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Life is too short for crappy beer. If your ever in Virgina, and a few place in D.C. look for anything made by Bells Brewing Company, Comstock Michigan. Inparticular Two Headed Ale...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts