Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my cousin come into town with her BF yesterday from VA Beach so I could put them on some fish so we left out around 6 this morning and headed over to Love Pt area and started putting my spread out. As I was putting my spread out I saw a charter boat fighting a fish so I thought perfect, this is going to be a good day. Boy was I wrong. I spent the entire day cleaning my 15 rod spread every 30 minutes for jellies. My VHF decided that today was the day after years of use that it was going to stop working so all I had was to touch base with some people I have met on the phone and didnt hear any better news of anything going on. I think after I replace the radio my handheld is going to be standard equipment for backup. It was strange because I actually had better marks today than last week when I was in the area and caught 3 fish and a couple other hits that didnt come tight. I tried to talk them into another outing tomorrow heading south but after they froze their A$$ off today, it was a tough sale. At least they appreciated my effort and were impressed with this style of fishing. I think Im going to give it a little time and try to get back out on a good day towards the end of the week if there is a good day

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I started heading across the bay around 1 and pulled up lines around 2, we decided to get the family together for a cookout

·
Registered
864 Posts
I worked that area down towards the BB today and had the same thing...lots of marks all day and only snagged a buggy to show for it. Kept cleaning jellies off the lines as well. Tomorrow's forecast looks ok but think I might sleep in instead. Not the start I was hoping for this spring.

John

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I want to say that the heaviest of the jellies came from pulling baits through deeper waters in the area but note 100% sure, I am debating a trip with my daughter in the afternoon if we get some sun and actually see the 60 degree weather after sending my cousin off...we will see

·
Registered
223 Posts
Fished North of the bridge Saturday and the jellies were REALLY bad...constantly pulling and cleaning....had some luck but will stay home today and do yard work if that tells yea how bad the jellies are...

·
Registered
90 Posts
How was the debris in the water north of Bridge? Opening weekend, the water had sticks, logs, stuff all over the place.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Debris wasnt bad, there was the occasional stick. I did happen to see a white buoy around triple buoy area that I almost got pushed into and Im not really sure what it was for. As Shawn Fisher stated I did have some leaves gunking baits up along with the jellies

·
Registered
864 Posts
krk.... saw that bouy myself. Is that marking where the boat went down in the ice over the winter? Read it sank near Love Pt but don't know exactly where. that bouy wasnt there last year.

John

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I dont know about the buoy but if its marking the sunken boat that would make sense. I couldnt talk my crew into another shot at them this morning so we took them to the outlets before sending them off. On the way home I decided to go on a late afternoon/evening trip to try to get the skunk off my boat. I put my 15 rod spread out, just me and the dog and worked the triple buoy area from 3 to 8 with no takers. I did however see the boat next to me hook up so I guess there is a couple out there. I did have to clean lines a couple times but it wasnt that bad as when I went into deeper water the day before. I hope things improve by later in the week as I would like to take a day and avenge my weekend, even if it does mean powering south to find better fishing

1 - 13 of 13 Posts