Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed out this morning with the crew at 6:30. Little later than usual but needed to swing into solomons for gas for the 30 mile run down south. Got to Solomons harbor by 6:45 beutifull morning sky was pink when the sun was coming up. I knew jj's would be opening at 7:00 and off we would go . Skkkeeeerrrrrrrccccchhhhh went my plans. Big old fat sign on the door closed 25th & 26th :eek::eek2:. Ok I got enough to make it to buzz's no problem. Pulled out run her up to 30kts and headed south. Nice ride . Decided on the way to give them a call just to make sure they were open and have gas. Mike picked up and said oh yea plenty of gas but don't try to get in here there is a charter boat stuck in the creek as there is no water in the creek. The tide was extreamly low this morning. Ok what to do ???????? Stopped and marked some scattered stuff water temp 41.2 what the hell lets put the spread out and troll back north. We did that for an hr then pulled up. Buddy of mine was south of 72 and had no fish and kyle was in below the line with his limit:thumbup:. Got back to the marina and went and got the trailer and pulled her up. Going to fill her up tomorrow & get her ready for the ocean. Not exactly what I had planed for today but what are you going to do .Going out of rudee on the 12th on the Temple M. Guess I will have to wait till then to get my fix .

·
Registered
365 Posts
Jason,when you say in below the line,do you mean VA Smith Point area?

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Jason,when you say in below the line,do you mean VA Smith Point area?
some people need it spelled out...coords, etc come on man the clues are there. Do you need me to come aboard and reel the fish in too....gawd

Jason you pay your dues one way or another you will get them next time:thumbup:

·
Registered
365 Posts
some people need it spelled out...coords, etc come on man the clues are there. Do you need me to come aboard and reel the fish in too....gawd
First thing is your name is not Jason,second thing. Do you mind if I ask a question that I'm not 100% sure about?

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Yeah maybe kyle was fishing the eez line and made a really really long run south from solomans.....yes that has to be the line he was referring too...or was it corrolla light and the va/nc line.........yeah he got to cape henry filled up with fuel and headed south for the gannets..yeah that's the line

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Jason, I didn't realize that was you on the phone this morning. You could have gotten in here. I hesitate to encourage someone who may not know the creek that well to try it on super low tide. I wish I had known it was you. The creek is in much better shape now. With the south winds it should be the end of the low tides. I don't believe you needed to go as far south as everyone is saying. The guys that did fish out of here today did well from 70 to 66 in the 40 to 50 foot range on the western side. Mike

·
Registered
955 Posts
Tough...

Jason, Tough one Bud!!thats for sure.....know you don't want to hear it but friend of mine was around 70, all the fish you could want in 40-60 feet:wacko:. See ya in VA.....Tom

·
Registered
10,547 Posts
Yeah maybe kyle was fishing the eez line and made a really really long run south from solomans.....yes that has to be the line he was referring too...or was it corrolla light and the va/nc line.........yeah he got to cape henry filled up with fuel and headed south for the gannets..yeah that's the line

1 - 9 of 9 Posts