Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else noticing that there seems to be far less bait in the bay this year than most trophy seasons. Many years I am losing bottom on my fish finder, seeing lines regularly bouncing off the bait and snagging a lot more bait. This year we seem to be finding only small pods of bait I think I have only snagged 3 or 4 menhaden. Maybe it is just that I mostly fish outside of Annapolis and the bait is further south or heading up the rivers but there definitely seems to be less bait in the main stem of the bay.

This topic came up over the weekend because my father was asking if I was seeing a lot of bait in the bay because his buddies were noting a lack of bait in the NJ back waters so far this spring.

I am curious to what others are seeing in regards to bait. Overall the trophy season has been decent, just a noting a lack of bait so far on my part. What are others seeing?

·
Registered
167 Posts
We saw a couple very thick pods off Thomas Pt Friday. Even saw some swimming along surface. So I've seen a good bit of bait this season, less so on the Rockfish side though this year - maybe because of jelly fouling.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts