Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.....plenty of spot and undersized trout at Butlers' hole on the fishbites Sun. morning, but making a fillet was difficult for us; finally caught a keeper trout and enough spot for dinner w/one at 11" - slow morning, but we made a meal....

made some casts w/ the 2 oz. "glass minnow" jigs (we like those) to HUGE schools of baitfish, but nothing below them - wow

didn't feel like fighting the sloppy water to troll up a bluefish on Winbar so we stayed in the river

maybe we should've used bloodworms for da spot, but I'm not missing their mess, and with an 11" er..........

should pen the "butterbean" spot for use in a few weeks, but too lazy....

good hearing from Tazmanian Devil and other Tf'ers out there... beautiful wx save for the 15 kt east breeze...aye...aye

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
fished the spike buoy area today and caught 50spot up to about .75lbs and 3 keeper trout. Used bloodworms, pealer, and fishbites. Bloodworm seemed best but all worked. I think i heard you out there talking about "butterbeans". I was aboard the "Pile Driver"

·
Registered
512 Posts
Warren next Sunday is butter bean day for me. Want to pen 100 or so. Think we will be able to chum any Rock off the new reef this year?? Last year set 20 or so grown up butter beans loose in December. They had gotten about 1/2 pound eating dog food. It was a poor prosect for them to try to make it to the ocean without getting eaten but I just could not force myself to eat dog food spot.

Bobby

·
Registered
109 Posts
bobby..
i messed around the new reef the other day and jigged up some undersize rock. didn't see any amount of fish on the finder. things may change when the fish start migrating. i think the reef is located too far to the west, but that is my opinion. saw lots of schools of bait just to the east, but they were all small fish. i haven't seen many large bunkers so far
frog

·
Registered
573 Posts
Thanks for the report-- im landlocked for the next couple of weeks (and prolly the better part of Oct) but have Nov. wide open [grin]. Hope all is well, keep the reports coming
JP
"KwikRelease"

·
Registered
512 Posts
Frog we're loaded up with 12-16 inch Rockfish here bottom fishing (C&R 10 plus a day) in the river and Im catching an occasional 18 to 23 icher so Im hoping for a better fall season than we had last year. With the way fuel prices are it sure would be nice if the reef will hold some fish that could be chummed.

Bobby

·
Registered
956 Posts
Did you see the 39" catch and release rockfish one of Chris Newsome's clients caught on flyrod within the past two weeks in last week's Sentinel?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts