Tidal Fish Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Looking to upgrade my baistcasting style light tackle reels. Just wondering what most are using, those of you who have a budget, sorry but probably not the guys in the contenders and pursuits for this question.

Thanks
Here is the post that will answer your question:

· Registered
1,793 Posts
My favorite has been a Shimano Calcutta 200 clone made by Cabelas before they got eaten by Bass Pro. Super smooth, great casting, tough as nails.

A buddy uses a Kast King and loves it. I recently bought one of their spinning reels on sale, and it feels amazing. I would be willing to try one of their baitcasters if I ever need one again. The ones I have are great and seem bulletproof.

Honorable mention to Shimano TR100. (or is it 200?) The narrow one. It's just a small conventional reel, nothing special. Not really sure why I like them so much, but I do, and everyone who grabs one seems to like them too. They are decent casting, fit good in the hand and are very solid feeling. I have a pair that I love to use for flounder and striper on occasion. The wider ones feel so clunky, I hate fishing with them. Gifted mine away, I disliked them so much.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts