Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tom Horton will join us on August 4, 2015 at Little Havana at 6:30 PM to discuss 50 years of conservation and history on the Chesapeake Bay. This talk promises to be informative. We are also holding time reserved for Q&A

Product Font Terrestrial plant Screenshot Design

·
Registered
32 Posts
i just graduated from salisbury with a degree in environmental studies and have to say that Ton Horton was definitely one of my most informative teachers there. i spent 5 weeks last summer in a chesapeake bay studies class and i dont think there is anyone more well versed on the issues surrounding the bay

·
Registered
11,189 Posts
I've read many of Tom Horton's books on the Chesapeake Bay. I would have to say he's the best writer on the way it was, the way it is and the way it will be on the subject. These are some of the books that I've read .An Island out of time, Bay Country, Turning the Tide, The Nanticoke, The Great Marsh and Bay of Light. Tom is also an avid kayaker & fisherman as well as a naturalist. He's guided many kayak / camping/fishing trips on the Eastern Shore Islands and remote river areas. Chesapeake Bay of light, is a book with lots of excellent photographs of his explorations of the Chesapeake Bay's wild and forgotten places. He also did a good kayak camping trip and lecture on the Chesapeake on a MPT TV show, Maryland Outdoors.. I would give all of his books an A+.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts