Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's going on Baltimore/Annapolis kayak fishers? Is anyone getting out any of the mornings (or possibly evenings/nights) this coming holiday weekend?

Post up if you want company or are looking to do anything in the area.

Mike

·
Registered
999 Posts
Mike,

I may be heading down to Solomons Island this weekend to see the Allman Brother's concert on Sunday. May also try to do some yak fishing while down at Solomons. If I can't get tix to the show then I probably will be yak fishing somewhere in the B-more area.

What days did you plan on hitting the water?

Rod

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't really have a preference. I am up for anything but, I guess at the moment, I am thinking sunday morning somewhere local.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
I would definitely like to get out. Drove over the key bridge yesterday in the evening, and although the lighting was not great the water quality looked decent. Definitely not chocolate milk like up by Belle Grove. That makes me think the main bay waters could still be good... though perhaps a lot of debris. Nice thing about that is debris is a LOT less of a problem for kayaks than stinkpots.

I was considering a bay bridge or key bridge trip saturday morning. Would be willing to go anywhere else probably too.

·
Registered
999 Posts
I'm heading down to southern maryland for the weekend. I probably will be back in Baltimore on Monday. Anyone plan on doing some yak fishing Tuesday morning in the B-more area?

I want to take another stab at the carp on the mulberry fly. This past weekend I did some hiking around Rocky Point Beach and Park before the rain storms and noticed a couple mulberry trees with berries on them. I want to go back to park with the yak and see if I can find some mulberry trees next to the water. I think the carp/mulberry thing should be in full swing now and I would think the carp don't care if the water is muddy or not as long as the mulberries are plopping off the trees into the water.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think the mulberry thing is over. i have read that the mulberries had their berries a couple of weeks ago all through the state. i imagine the weather knocked what berries were left, off.

call my cell monday and i will see if i can do tuesday morning. it will have to be real early though. the water is giong to be a mad house.

mike

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Chesapeakeblend - I'd love to do a bright and early on saturday. Watching the wind forecast and TF reports on the main board today. I'm leaning towards SPSP if the wind is good and I don't chicken out on the boat traffic, or Centennial Lake in Ellicott City (never been there but been meaning to try it) if either of those things don't cooperate.

As I indicated earlier, I'd probably be glad to change my plans if you would rather try somewhere else.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
And Rod, I would love to hit the water Tuesday. Please keep us posted on your plans here. Not sure how far away we are talking, but I think a scouting trip to check out water conditions is in order for any rivers/creeks.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
JK -

I believe I am hitting Lake Elkhorn in columbia tomorrow afternoon evening with another TF'er.

I bemailed my cell to you.

mike

·
Registered
576 Posts
I've Mon and Wed open if any one wants to hook up.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Yeah I just got a so-so report from the BB... lots of trash and getting dirtier... but fish were biting. I may join you - will call if I do, though I have a feeling I am going to do Centennial Lake in the morning.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i have not but i have looked at it while doing some stuff for work in the area. can you get in there if you are not a resident of the surrounding subdivisions? i thought it was private.

mike

·
Registered
7 Posts
Linganore is only for property owners. Before it became so built up they did not bother with non-property owners using the lake but thats changed with increased building around the lake.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts